Day 24 - still having stomach pains

Hello! My husband and I are on day 24 and he has been experiencing stomach digestive issues and stomach pain since the first week.  He was also having testicular pain from day 5 through 8.  He started taking a probiotic around day 7 and has not noticed any additional improvement.  Now I will say that he hasn’t truly been doing the Whole30 - he has had the occasional Diet Coke and some alcohol, and has had a few small servings of noncompliant food over the last 24 days - but for the vast majority of the time he has been eating compliant foods which is much healthier than he had been eating previously. Could the occasional noncompliance be causing the pain?  He was strictly compliant for the 1st 10 days which is when the pain was at its worst.  Is there a compliant food or type of food that has caused this type of pain for others that he could cut out?  Please let me know if you have any insight or suggestions. Thanks!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, smelton521 said:

Hello! My husband and I are on day 24 and he has been experiencing stomach digestive issues and stomach pain since the first week.  He was also having testicular pain from day 5 through 8.  He started taking a probiotic around day 7 and has not noticed any additional improvement.  Now I will say that he hasn’t truly been doing the Whole30 - he has had the occasional Diet Coke and some alcohol, and has had a few small servings of noncompliant food over the last 24 days - but for the vast majority of the time he has been eating compliant foods which is much healthier than he had been eating previously. Could the occasional noncompliance be causing the pain?  He was strictly compliant for the 1st 10 days which is when the pain was at its worst.  Is there a compliant food or type of food that has caused this type of pain for others that he could cut out?  Please let me know if you have any insight or suggestions. Thanks!

It would be difficult for us to say if there's a particular type of food he's eating that would be causing the pain as you've not indicated what he eats and we generally cannot give troubleshooting advice for people not actually following the plan. Testicular pain would be outside the scope of the Whole30 unless he has some inflammatory situation in the area that flared up and I would suggest he see a doctor for that.

Archived