Weighing in during re-introduction

Would it be wise to weigh in, a day or two after re-introducing each food category individually? I know it's not in the spirit of the program to weigh in during the 30 days, and I didn't...I put my scale in the basement, which forced me to not worry what the scale said, but just wondering if the scale now would be a good tool to know which foods cause me to put on weight right away....or should I just not worry about this? I do have plenty of non-scale victories but I'm also on a weight loss journey. Lost 10 lbs. on Whole30 in March/April, and 6 more since then (I took 10 days to re-introduce the foods the first time around, but was traveling and stumbled a bit and didn't pay close enough attention to this phase), so jumped right back on and decided to do a Whole15...and now at the re-intro phase and paying much closer attention and taking notes, and putting 2 days in-between each re-intro. So far I've done dairy, and today was corn and gluten free pasta day (rice pasta)...I know I probably should have separated those out, but hey, no one's perfect!

• Administrators

I don't think it's a great idea, to be honest. Any "weight" you put on in 2 days is going to be water-weight. You won't be eating enough reintro items to gain fat in 2 days. With water weight, you should be able to feel it in your joints, hands, skin, clothes and any aches and pains since water weight is just inflammation.

Great, thank you, Ladyshanny! I'm just getting atuned to this "water weight" thing....all in all, I'm realizing I just shouldn't worry about the scale day to day. I thank the Whole30 program for teaching me this. I'm learning so much by just pay attention to how I feel, physically and mentally. I'm realizing it takes me till the 3rd week of Whole30 to really feel more energetic, which is good to know.  I'm in the middle of my re-intro phase...today I'm testing "sugar". Weird to eat something knowing that it may have negative side effects later, or tomorrow or next day, but it's all good info and the best way to learn....by doing! Trying not to over-do it though. I'm praying that I don't get a charley horse tonight...seems like I get those from sugar....but could be alcohol/dehydration too. Note to self: drink lots of water today.

Archived