Back in the Saddle - Round 2 - Starting 5/29

BananaBritt

Hi All - My name is Anna and I'm starting my second Whole30 next week on May 29th. My first Whole30 was super successful. My whole life I have struggled with my body image and yoyo-ing back and forth between binges and healthy eating spurts, never really able to make any progress due to lack of confidence that I could actually follow through and not having anything that was sustainable to follow. Whole30 is completely different. I felt so much happier, had more energy, better sleep, improved skin/workouts/digestion, no mood swings, and so much more confidence. I was very strict throughout my 30 days and followed it to a tee. I lost 7 pounds in the 30 day period, never thought that would happen. I finished that first Whole30 on April 30th and unfortunately since then have taken a step or two backwards. I've felt a bit lost without the guidelines and structure or the program telling me what to do. My bad habits are still there and will take much more work to replace with better habits. 

SO, I've decided to do another reset in hopes of getting that control back and further changing my bad habits. I was so happy and confident on Whole30 and I want to get back to listening to my body and having the power to say no. I'm sure the second go around will be tough, maybe tougher, so for anyone that has done the Whole30 again and has any tips or things to make it different and fun, please let me know! 

Thanks!!

Hi! My name is Dana :) I did my first Whole30 back in April and I’m ready to do another round! I’m glad I found this forum, May 29th is the perfect time for me to start again.

One thing I found that helped me was to do a little introduction week before fully going in on Whole30. So that means slowly taking out the foods that were bad, instead of stopping cold turkey and going right in.

I also made sure to find easy and fun recipes that I enjoyed. I DEFINITELY made sure to meal prep and be prepared for lunch and dinner, because those were my hardest meals.

I’m excited to go again!

Hello! My name is Mayté, I'm from Ecuador and am starting my 5th reset on June 1st. In almost a year and a half I have learned a lot about myself and my body, specially how it reacts to certain foods. I also lost more than 20 pounds. Since my last reset on this January, I went back to all of the bad habits and also had serious back pain that had prevented me from doing almost any exercise. Add some mayor life changes and there you go: using food and sugar as prize, consolation, companion... 

I need my control back, so here I am, joining you on these great 30 days, looking forward to the delicious meals and oh, that sweet Tiger Blood!

Thanks in advance for your support and company!

Hi, I’m Hilde and it’s time for me to make a fresh start! I did it before - twice! - so no reason not to finish a third round.

My motivatie : getting rid of inflammtion and plantar fasciitis in my right foot ; (2) getting rid of occasional bouts of inflammation ; (3) fear of diabetes ; (4) impending menopause ; (5) can’t wait to get back to the happy-for-no-reason-at-all state of mind after day 16/17..

My goals : (1) tiger blood state of mind ; (2) gaining control of some not so great eating habits which crept in over time; (3) weight control. 

My little helpers : (1) awareness of HALT - hungry/angry/lonely/tired ; (2) this thread to keep me accountable ; (3) whole30 Day by Day.

Let’s go for it!

On 5/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Dana Milligan said:

Hi! My name is Dana :) I did my first Whole30 back in April and I’m ready to do another round! I’m glad I found this forum, May 29th is the perfect time for me to start again.

One thing I found that helped me was to do a little introduction week before fully going in on Whole30. So that means slowly taking out the foods that were bad, instead of stopping cold turkey and going right in.

I also made sure to find easy and fun recipes that I enjoyed. I DEFINITELY made sure to meal prep and be prepared for lunch and dinner, because those were my hardest meals.

I’m excited to go again!

Hi Dana - Awesome! Thanks so much for the tips! I've been looking up new recipes so I don't get bored this time around and will definitely be sure to stay prepped throughout the weeks. Cheers to round two!

23 hours ago, MayteBravo said:

Hello! My name is Mayté, I'm from Ecuador and am starting my 5th reset on June 1st. In almost a year and a half I have learned a lot about myself and my body, specially how it reacts to certain foods. I also lost more than 20 pounds. Since my last reset on this January, I went back to all of the bad habits and also had serious back pain that had prevented me from doing almost any exercise. Add some mayor life changes and there you go: using food and sugar as prize, consolation, companion... 

I need my control back, so here I am, joining you on these great 30 days, looking forward to the delicious meals and oh, that sweet Tiger Blood!

Thanks in advance for your support and company!

Hi Mayte - So happy you replied to this and to have another partner! Here's to day 1 and getting that tiger blood back, we can do this! One day at a time, just keep focusing on what is best for us in the long run:)

11 hours ago, kwantum said:

Hi, I’m Hilde and it’s time for me to make a fresh start! I did it before - twice! - so no reason not to finish a third round.

My motivatie : getting rid of inflammtion and plantar fasciitis in my right foot ; (2) getting rid of occasional bouts of inflammation ; (3) fear of diabetes ; (4) impending menopause ; (5) can’t wait to get back to the happy-for-no-reason-at-all state of mind after day 16/17..

My goals : (1) tiger blood state of mind ; (2) gaining control of some not so great eating habits which crept in over time; (3) weight control. 

My little helpers : (1) awareness of HALT - hungry/angry/lonely/tired ; (2) this thread to keep me accountable ; (3) whole30 Day by Day.

Let’s go for it!

Hi Hilde - Day 1, it all starts today. So happy I have some partners to join me in the 30 days. This will be so worth it and just get us a bit closer to food freedom. There is nothing stopping us!

Archived