I can do anything for 30 days - KMac

Kmac10

My name is Kasey. I started my first Whole30 yesterday. Day 1 was good. I mean, I was hungry and in the evening I started feeling that carb flu. Processed foods and sugar are a bitch to detox. Tired, cranky, achy, and a little restless after dinner. 

M1: Two scrambled eggs and half of one small purple potato. 
S1: Hand full of nuts and sunflower seeds. 
M2: Two scrambled eggs and half of one small purple potato. (I planned for dinner, but not lunch.)
S2: Small apple and half an avocado.
M3: Steak (maybe the best one I've ever grilled), asparagus, and another purple potato. 

I also grilled some sweet potatoes with a sprinkling of cinnamon. OMG. Dessert. 

Day 2 has been good so far. I've been making fresh pressed black coffee. I'm not loving it yet, but I'll get there. I learned to eat tomatoes that way, I can learn to drink black coffee. Just keep swimming. 

M1: Two eggs over medium, shredded red potato.
S1: Small apple.
M2: Steak, purple potatoes, asapargus.
S2: Half avocado and nuts.
M3: Grilled Salmon, steamed broccoli, and sweet potatoes. 

I did better with water yesterday that I have today. Busy day at work. 

Things I'm most excited about: 

• Feeling better
  • No heartburn
  • Lower blood pressure
  • Weight loss
  • Kicking sugar

• Moderators

Hi, Kasey. Just a note that your meals are probably a little on the small side, and if you increase them a bit, you'll probably be able to skip the snacks between meals. When eggs are your only proteinin a meal, have as,many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, so probably 3-4. Have lots of vegetables at every meal, and don't forget to add a serving or two of fat to each meal from the options listed on the meal template. You can download the meal template here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Thanks, Shannon! Your feedback is very helpful. I implemented it last night and this morning. 

On day 3, I'm feeling pretty good and accomplished. I realized that the melatonin I take a night had sweetener in it, so I switched it out with a sugar free brand. I still need to read more of the book. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to get into it. 

M1: Four eggs over easy, half a red potato, cashews, and an apple. 
M2: Steak, green beans, broccoli, and purple potatoes.
M3: HUGE Cob salad with organic chopped turkey deli meat, two hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, mixed greens, and bell pepper. A side of grilled sweet potatoes sprinkled with cinnamon. 

So far, so good. I think. The weekend will be a good test. 

Archived