Starting tomorrow 06/25

Tainá Alencar

Yaaaay!

After hundreds of attempts to get healthier, I've found a program that I really identify myself with.

I'm a little nervous, because of all the failed trials, BUT I know I CAN! I'm so grateful for this platform to share and get support. I never really liked forums, but I'll need this one. So count on me too! 

My biggest problem right now is that I can't control myself around food, mainly SUGAR. It's so sad for me, since food never controlled me before. Until my life changed quick fast and repeatedly. In less than 1yr I've gained 10kg (22 pounds). I'm kinda workaholic and I've got sick several times in a short amount of time, low energy, self-esteem, etc.

I respect y'all that are here taking care of health and happiness!

Let's go!

Ps. I'm Brazilian, so my English may not be the best :lol:

Welcome! I’m on day 24 and if I can do it, then you can too! I was eating McDonalds multiple times a week and had at least a few servings of a sugary treat every day. Be patient with yourself and do lots of preparation so you aren’t stuck without food when you are hungry! I also found drinking water helped if I am having a sugar craving...someone suggested eating a few cashews or something the opposite of sugar for cravings too but I haven’t had one in a few days. Good luck to you!

Welcome Taina, I'm starting my  third Whole30 this week. It's been awhile since I did my last one and I'm excited to get back on the plan. The keys for me last time were meal prep and planning. I did a big grocery shop today and some cooking tonight. There are lots of good Whole30 recipes out there. Excited to be part of this journey with you and anyone else starting this week! 

On 6/24/2018 at 6:17 PM, AmandaRG said:

Welcome! I’m on day 24 and if I can do it, then you can too! I was eating McDonalds multiple times a week and had at least a few servings of a sugary treat every day. Be patient with yourself and do lots of preparation so you aren’t stuck without food when you are hungry! I also found drinking water helped if I am having a sugar craving...someone suggested eating a few cashews or something the opposite of sugar for cravings too but I haven’t had one in a few days. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your support! :wub:
My problem was exactly McDonalds and sugar... Oh dear!
We can do this!!
Congrats on your path!! You must be on the finish line right now!

On 6/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, HeatherFields said:

Welcome Taina, I'm starting my  third Whole30 this week. It's been awhile since I did my last one and I'm excited to get back on the plan. The keys for me last time were meal prep and planning. I did a big grocery shop today and some cooking tonight. There are lots of good Whole30 recipes out there. Excited to be part of this journey with you and anyone else starting this week! 

Thank you, Heather! Welcome too (:
As I don't have much practice with cooking, I'm struggling a little, but I'm certain that it'll get easier! 
How's your first week?

On 6/25/2018 at 8:41 AM, Martha Rae said:

Hi Taina! I am starting today too! Good luck! 

I have tried Whole30 twice before but have never completed the all 30 days... this time around will be different!  

Hi Martha! I'm sure I'll get it done this time! Count on me! 

On 6/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Danamilligan said:

Hi everyone! I’m starting my second Whole30 today! I’m so excited because I’ve definitrly fallen off the wagon since my first and that was something I didn’t want to do. But I’m ready to get back into it :)

Hi Dana! That's great!
Let's do it!

On 6/27/2018 at 6:45 PM, Martha Rae said:

Welcome!! 

I am on my third day and definitely have the "lack of sugar" headache going on.  I did stock up on some Whole30 goodies (the TIO gazpacho soup is delicious!) 

Hi Martha!
How was your first week?

We were on a road trip coming home today and stopped at McDonald's for an iced coffee.  The first one had cream in it so I asked for a regular iced coffee.  Took a sip of the second one and it was sooo sweet.  I asked, "Is this just regular coffee on ice?" to which they replied... "Yep! And we add dissolved sugar."  I asked them to remake it (luckily didn't drink any of it) but dang, sugar is everywhere! 

First week complete!! Feeling good.  How's yours going?

Archived