Hope4Overcomers

Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Recommended Posts

Just a note that there will be people doing traditional Whole30, Vegetarian Whole30 and Vegan Whole30, participating in this round. There will be Christians and those of other/no faiths as well. A very eclectic group, all coming together as one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in!  August is my birthday month, and Whole 30 is my gift to myself!  I've been half-heartedly doing this on my own for a few months, so I'm committing to focusing in August and am encouraged by this supportive community.  It's time to redefine my relationship with food, once and for all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Diane,  Glad to hear you're starting round 2 on 8/4. I'm starting round 2 today 7/14. I completed my first 30 in March. I have "sort of" stayed on it but I think we all know what that means :). The sweets are increasing and of course the pounds are also. I have my mind set and since that is in place, I'm ready to go!  Looking forward to it and hoping you are too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping to start in Aug. I am getting ready now. I have done some protein prep that I put in the freezer and vacuum seal so no freezer burn. Grass fed burger pattie, homemade pork breakfast sausage, ground chicken (emergency food), also not pictured in turkey, sage, and walnut Meatloaf. 

77CDF722-D64C-439E-A39F-302B5DAC55DD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi! I’m starting Round Two of Whole30 on August 4th. Announcing it early so everyone has ample time to read and prepare to have needed items on hand. Newbies and experienced alike, welcome to join in. Any takers? Be encouraged! Dianne

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am getting my meal plan organized and figuring out the timing of food prep. I have gotten some things already made. I am also thinking Lamb Kofta with paleo mint raita from stupid easy paleo also the no-fuss salmon cakes on page 346 of The Whole 30 the 30 day guide to total health and food freedom. I am reading that book now and it has been really helpful on getting my mind set to start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - My husband and I were 10 days in and doing well - i was trying to read as much of the Whole30 book each night as I had time to review and was so mad at myself when I read fresh peas were not allowed - not sure how I missed that :( we have eaten fresh peas on a few salads - so we started day one again today ! I would like to follow this group so I can get some support and ideas - I am yet to meet anyone who has heard of Whole30 where I live even tho I know a lot of people involved in health & fitness - Keto and fasting are the new popular trends in Melbourne and of course Paleo - so I've already come across a bit of skepticism in regards to what I'm trying to achieve by doing Whole30 - hoping to find some encouragement here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting August 1st! The stakes are big for me as I signed up for Healthy Wage, and Whole30 is going to be an essential part of what gets me to my goal! I can't afford to throw away so much money, so I have a huge motivator to keep me from cheating! I have a 2 month old baby who doesn't like to sleep much along with three teenagers and a full time job so I need the energy and improved cognitive function that whole30 has given me in the past! I don't have a ton of spare time for all of the pretty whole 30 recipes and I am pretty domestically challenged anyways so I'll be going with pretty simple foods. I AM all about keeping things fun, though! So I'm looking forward to doing this alongside others!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: I make a simple cashew 'cheese' from soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning - used as a dip for vege or as a dressing over roast or steamed vege - the only thing I could find on this in Whole30 is that 'nut cheese' - I presume store bought - being used as cheese is not being allowed - can't grate mine as its sauce consistency - does this sound compliant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

Hi - My husband and I were 10 days in and doing well - i was trying to read as much of the Whole30 book each night as I had time to review and was so mad at myself when I read fresh peas were not allowed - not sure how I missed that :( we have eaten fresh peas on a few salads - so we started day one again today ! I would like to follow this group so I can get some support and ideas - I am yet to meet anyone who has heard of Whole30 where I live even tho I know a lot of people involved in health & fitness - Keto and fasting are the new popular trends in Melbourne and of course Paleo - so I've already come across a bit of skepticism in regards to what I'm trying to achieve by doing Whole30 - hoping to find some encouragement here!

So, so, glad you and your husband are part of our group! Welcome @TracyOKeeffe!!! Be encouraged!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 6:37 AM, jmsrq said:

I'm in!  August is my birthday month, and Whole 30 is my gift to myself!  I've been half-heartedly doing this on my own for a few months, so I'm committing to focusing in August and am encouraged by this suppor tive community.  It's time to redefine my relationship with food, once and for all.  

How cool is that?! Welcome @jmsrq!! I’m so glad you’ve joined us! The perfect Birthday present! Be encouraged! You’ve got this! Dianne

 

12 minutes ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

Question: I make a simple cashew 'cheese' from soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning - used as a dip for vege or as a dressing over roast or steamed vege - the only thing I could find on this in Whole30 is that 'nut cheese' - I presume store bought - being used as cheese is not being allowed - can't grate mine as its sauce consistency - does this sound compliant?

@SugarcubeOD, your feedback?? Thanks! Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jeslight said:

Starting August 1st! The stakes are big for me as I signed up for Healthy Wage, and Whole30 is going to be an essential part of what gets me to my goal! I can't afford to throw away so much money, so I have a huge motivator to keep me from cheating! I have a 2 month old baby who doesn't like to sleep much along with three teenagers and a full time job so I need the energy and improved cognitive function that whole30 has given me in the past! I don't have a ton of spare time for all of the pretty whole 30 recipes and I am pretty domestically challenged anyways so I'll be going with pretty simple foods. I AM all about keeping things fun, though! So I'm looking forward to doing this alongside others!

@jeslight, you are sooo in the right place! We’re with you all the way! Prepare for victory! We’re with ya!! You got this! Be encouraged!! Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TracyOKeeffe said:

Hi - My husband and I were 10 days in and doing well - i was trying to read as much of the Whole30 book each night as I had time to review and was so mad at myself when I read fresh peas were not allowed - not sure how I missed that :( we have eaten fresh peas on a few salads - so we started day one again today ! I would like to follow this group so I can get some support and ideas - I am yet to meet anyone who has heard of Whole30 where I live even tho I know a lot of people involved in health & fitness - Keto and fasting are the new popular trends in Melbourne and of course Paleo - so I've already come across a bit of skepticism in regards to what I'm trying to achieve by doing Whole30 - hoping to find some encouragement here!

@TracyOKeeffe, Again, welcome! You’re at the right place! Let’s do this thing!! Whoot Whoot! Hugs, Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, Elizabeth33 said:

So I am getting my meal plan organized and figuring out the timing of food prep. I have gotten some things already made. I am also thinking Lamb Kofta with paleo mint raita from stupid easy paleo also the no-fuss salmon cakes on page 346 of The Whole 30 the 30 day guide to total health and food freedom. I am reading that book now and it has been really helpful on getting my mind set to start. 

Outstanding @Elizabeth33! You are definitely inspiring me and others! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Let’s do it!! Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now