Glucose in olives, night hunger & portion questions

Hi there - on day 5 and going strong, feeling good overall with a few hiccups:

- Last night I went to eat some olives I bought from Trader Joes last week and after I ate two olives I realized there was glucose in the brine. It was the last ingredient on the list. I wonder if this requires restarting to day 1?

- I struggle with anxiety and stress management (part of my choice to start) and I have a history of waking up in the middle of the night anxious & hungry and needed to have a small snack. I used to wake up and have a small 1/4 of muesli and then go back to bed. I know this can be indicative of not having a big enough dinner but it will usually happen unless I eat pasta less than an hour before falling asleep (not good for digestion, etc). Now that grains are out, this is still happening but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to eat in that moment if I absolutely need to eat something and the anxiety wont subside. 

- I also just recently started eating red meat for the first time in my life (last december) and am having a hard time eating meet that isnt chicken or turkey. Starting to get sick of the latter. Made steak two nights ago but could only eat a little less than half and then couldnt stomach eating the left overs for lunch yesterday. Also loosing my appetite during breakfast time. Any ideas or solutions for these food hurdles? 

Generally my mood is balanced and uplifted, only minor crankiness yesterday and today. 

There's a lot in here but a little help would be much appreciated!! 

Thx

• Administrators

You should refer to the starting over article (linked in my signature below or just google). 

For the mid-night snack, as with all eating between meals, stick with protein plus fat or protein plus veggies. Hard boiled egg and mayo or chicken thigh and guacamole would be decent choices.

Eating meat after a long time away can be tough. http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/ <-- read that article for some meat eating tips. Food burnout is quite common so we suggest that people look for new recipes, flavour combos, ways of cooking (eg, grilling, slow cooking, pan frying etc).

Archived