Newbie starting first round on Aug 13th!

gross067

This has been a crazy year.  Whew. I went from the strongest I've ever been in my life, Olympic Weightlifting and Crossfit, to using a Walker to navigate and not being able to take 2 stairs at a time. I found out I have Crohn's via a massive peri-rectal fistula which required a temporary diverting colostomy (as well as several other surgeries and still more to come). I'm still healing/ recovering after being in the hospital for more than a month.  All of this occurred while listing my house of 15 years (um... stress management?), and the super scary prospect of not finding my new home in this crazy spring market. I'm currently living in my camper, but thankfully close on my new house on 8/2. Great time to clear out the kitchen and start new habits! 

While most doctors, including my own, can't definitively say what foods are negative to Crohn's, I believe there are foods that have an exceptionally strong impact on my health and disease. I was loosely following Whole30/paleo lifestyle before I got sick and I noticed a vast improvement in how I felt when eating "right". 

So. I've decided to commit to myself to learn about my disease and diet and what works best with MY body. I know it will be tough (I'm definitely an emotional eater), but I MUST do this if I want to live an active and healthy life. 

Archived