Starting on August 15!

jillylane

I'm starting in the middle of the month, when we return from a family vacation. I don't want to wait until Sept. to start, so mid-August it is! I have started Whole30 before, a couple of years ago, but didn't get past the first week. Lack of planning was my biggest issue. Which could translate to lack of commitment. I'm committed and planning this time!

Good luck @jillylane! I'm on day 30 and I would say one of the biggest things to prevent lack of planning from getting you this time is to have a couple of go-tos ready.  So for instance, I have multiple packages of Brat Hans compliant flavored chicken sausages (not all flavors are compliant so check your ingredients, but my two favorite flavors were spinach and apple).  In a pinch, I can poke holes in them, microwave them for 1 minute, and eat sliced with raw veggies on the side. Another easy go-to was scrambled eggs with sauteed onions (and sometimes the Brat Hans sausages... I relied so heavily on those). I kept a compliant RX bar in my purse all 30 days just in case I was stuck out of the house and needed someone quick and complaint - I never did, but it was good to know that I would have something to eat if I was desperate so I wouldn't have to buy food out (otherwise, avoid those and Larabars... they're basically candy made with dates and will be detrimental in the process of vanquishing the sugar dragon).

Great!  I'm starting today, too.  A couple of office buddies started 8/1, but I just wasn't ready.  Good thing is Day 30 is right before my mom's 98th birthday on 9/15, so I'll be ok in celebrating her a bit!  Maybe I'll live that long as well.  Good luck to us all!

I started on August 15th as well. This is my second Whole 30 -- my first was in March and I learned so much about what my body wants and needs to be happy. Most of those lessons stuck with me, but I have recently lost my way. I can feel the difference that poor choices make, and I'm using this Whole 30 as a way to refocus myself on health.

It's great to have company on the journey. Good Luck to all!

Day Three and I'm doing great.

I've been feeding myself well and planning my meals ahead of time. Lunches so far have been a couple hard boiled eggs and an avocado, which is surprisingly filling long-term. With some blueberries for dessert, I feel like I'm treating myself. Dinner is seafood and veggies, since I have both in the freezer so it's the same as free food. Also, seafood is my absolute favorite and here I am again -- treating myself. I figure the first week will be the toughest so I deserve wonderful food right now.

I've also been very careful in the evening, my prime snacking time. For the last two days I've just made a large cup of hot tea (Bengal Spice -- the best!) and gone to bed early with my iPad and two little dogs for company. This helps to keep my mind busy, plus I'm too lazy to get up and go find a snack once I'm curled up in bed.

Let us know how your Whole 30 is going so far @jillylane, @____Emily____, @nanners, @livvie2012 and @Mebb

I started on 8/15 also.  Day 4 now!

Glad I made it this far.  I don't mind the food it's all the prepping and planning  that's a bit hard.  I'm off from work this week and next so I've been using my days to plan, prep, and cook.  Going back to work will be harder but I'm hoping I have stuck with it long enough to continue. 

Evenings are defineitely harder, trying not to snack and finding things to do to stop the craving.

Welcome, @RegiC! I feel your pain on the food prepping. As a naturally lazy person, that has been my toughest part of the Whole30. But once I realized how easy my dinners are (and my daily lunch-packing), I have warmed up to pre-prep. What have you been making ahead of time? I'm always on the lookout for new great recipes. My favorite right now is meatballs and marinara sauce made in a slow cooker. The sauce is excellent, as are the meatballs, and it makes a LOT.  Here's the recipe:    https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-slow-cooker-meatballs-whole30/

My weekend was up and down -- Saturday was one of those "Kill Everything" days, but it helped that I knew the feelings were temporary, so I just hung in there. By Sunday I was back to my usually smiling self, and glad I didn't screw up the day before.

Good luck to everyone on this journey.

Day Seven - I am holding to this eating plan completely with very little difficulty. Since my usual diet excludes grain, legumes, and dairy the only real issues are sugar and alcohol. One new thing: I've had to limit my grape consumption (it's Scuppernong season in the South) but that's just seasonal. Next will be figs, which are also really hard to limit -- gotta love fruit in season! But my typical "Eat ALL the Fruit!" attitude probably isn't the best approach.

So far the NSVs I've noticed are: my stomach bloat has disappeared, my digestion is calmer, and I don't have an energy dip in the afternoon. All great things!

How are you doing so far?

Thanks for the recipe @Amy Rose, it sounds delicious!  I really have not been prepping. Having compliant food in the fridge is about all the prepping I do.  I try to make enough so I can have leftoversthe next day but that is going to have to change starting tomorrow.  

It's Day 11 and the food is getting a little boring but I just made Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado and Hard boiled eggs and it was pretty good.  I found another recipe for cauliflower pancakes that I will also try.  I'm a little sick  of cauliflower rice but I have some leftover and don't want to waste it.

Definitely feeling better and have energy and less cravings.  Most of my cravings are for wine and ice cream but I've been able to manage them so far.

Archived