So very, very hungry!

I'm on Day 3, and I'm so hungry!

I breastfeed my 13-mo about 3-5 times per day.

Could someone take a look at my food so far and tell me if I'm missing something? Thanks!

Day 3:
  • 7.30: breakfast casserole (2 eggs, turkey sausage, chard), 1.5 cups roasted carrots and broccoli; 2 strawberries (STARVING by 10 AM)
  • 10.35: smoothie (1 c coconut milk, handful cherries, 1 sm banana, 2 T cacao paste); 3 sm turkey meatballs
  • (IN PROGRESS)
Day 2: 
  • 3 med eggs fried in olive oil, 1/2 large sweet potato sauteed in coconut oil, 1/3 zucchini with onion fried in olive oil, 1/2 fermented pickle (HUNGRY within the hour)
  • 1/2 kohlrabi "noodles" in coconut oil w/ 1/3 lb ground turkey, olive tapenade; smoothie (1 cup coconut milk, handful cherries, 2/3 banana, 2 T cacao paste)
  • snacking on 10-15 cherry tomatoes
  • large green salad, 1/2 cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes, 6 pistachios, 1/4 lb turkey breakfast sausage, EVOO, pear vinegar
  • 7 small turkey meatballs, plate of vegetables (roasted cauliflower, carrots with olive oil; steamed sugar snaps), mustard
  • 1/4 glass apple juice w/ seltzer
  • 2 turkey meatballs; coconut bowl (1/3 c coconut milk, 3/4 peach, 8 raisins, 5 almonds)
Day 1:
  • 3 med eggs fried in olive oil, 1/2 large sweet potato sauteed in coconut oil, 1/2 zucchini with onion fried in olive oil, 1 large fermented pickle
  • coconut bowl (1/3 c coconut milk, 1 banana, 4 almonds, 5-6 raisins)
  • large green salad with 1 cucumber, 1 peach, 6 pistachios
  • seaweed snack, handful cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 bag kohlrabi "noodles" sauteed in olive oil with 1/3 lb of ground turkey, olive tapenade; still ravenous, so some more sauteed sweet potato from the morning (WOKE UP HUNGRY in the middle of the night)

Hey - I'm also a breastfeeding mama - my son is 6 months old so he nurses a lot still.  I'm on my second whole30 and I'm definitely not an expert, but since I'm nursing my rule to myself was not to let myself get hungry since I'm still supplying my son with food too.  My only advice would be to try to add more fat in there and to just eat if you're hungry.  Here is an example day for me:

Breakfast: 2 or 3 eggs with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sautéed veggies and 1/3 to 1/2 avocado

snack: rx bar or fruit with nut butter or guacamole with jicama, veggies or plantain chips

Lunch: 1 can tuna with homemade mayo over a salad

Dinner: chicken with lots of cooked veggies

snack: apple with almond butter 

I also should note that I'm pretty active, working out 5-6 days per week and training for a half marathon in October.

Hang in there! :)

Archived