Day 16 dont want to eat

This is my first attempt at whole30. Im on day 16 but for the last 5 days i havent wanted to eat anything. 

Coffee is my favorite thing in the world it now tastes gross, prior to starting this i drank 1-2 pots of black coffee a day and now i can barely stomach a cup. I have a fridge full of legal food and I havent made the same meal twice. But nothing sounds appealing. I'm eating maybe 2 bananas a day and about 160oz of water a day and thats usually it. Maybe a hard boiled egg or a handful of nuts. 

Starting on day 14 i started throwing up if i ate anything. That stopped today so far. Ive also had a constant migraine since day 14. Previously it had just been if I was awake for more the 12 hours I'd get a headache. 

Im not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong. But this whole not wanting to eat thing is not fun. Neither is the migraine. 

Im also struggling a little with fat. Im allergic to pit fruit so avocados olives peaches cherries etc are all out for me. As is olive oil. Ive been cooking my food in ghee and coconut oil but idk of thats enough. 

• Moderators

Not eating is probably contributing to the headache. You need to eat something, even if it doesn't sound all that great to you right now. Since you've been dealing with nausea, try something simple and fairly bland -- a baked potato or sweet potato with some ghee or coconut oil and salt, some grilled or baked chicken, some soup or broth. See how that goes. If you're still feeling a bit nauseated, maybe try sipping on some peppermint or ginger tea, those are both known to help with nausea. Unfortunately, the longer you go without eating, the harder it's probably going to be to get back to eating. Many people experience a day or two of not wanting to eat, or go through food boredom that causes them to not want to eat, but I don't know of any sure-fire way to fix it other than to eat what you can and keep trying to eat your meals. It does generally pass.

As for the fats, if you feel like you need more, look into making mayo or other sauces -- most recipes are going to call for olive oil, but you can sub other oils. Coconut oil doesn't always work well since it will solidify in the fridge, but you could try macadamia nut oil or pecan oil or high oleic sunflower or safflower oils. 

I thought sunflower and safflower oils were on the no list? 

I've been eating bananas. My fiance is insisting on steak and sweet potatoes tonight (we are doing whole30 together) so I'm going to attempt eating some of that but if i finish cooking it and it turns my stomach i made beef broth yesterday and I'll drink some of that. I'm just not loving how I'm feeling so far. I either feel sick or angry. 

• Moderators

Look for high oleic sunflower or safflower oils specifically. There's a little about what that means in this article, and I think it contains links to other articles too:   https://whole30.com/2016/01/tessemaes-organic/

Not eating enough will make you grumpy. It can also leave you feeling a little queasy, although so can other things so that may not be what started you feeling sick, but it's not helping you feel any better. Try to eat the steak and sweet potato, even if you have to eat slowly  or only eat a little and come back to it. Hopefully the broth will help as well. If you really can't stomach the steak, maybe try to do an egg drop soup with the broth --  being it just about to boiling, and drop in a whisked egg, which will cook just from the heat of the broth.

I do hope you feel better soon.

I was able to eat last night. Yay! Steak and a sweet potato also made asparagus but quickly realized i dont like asparagus. 

I still feel like garbage but my insurance is all messed up right now so i can't go see my doctor to find out if i actually am sick. 

Today I had some coffee and bananas while i was at work. Migraine stopped. But I left work really angry due to some stuff that happened there. And everything I have attempted to eat since I got home has immediately been thrown up. Hopefully once I've calmed down a little I'll be able to actually hold food down. But I know today isnt a whole30 related problem its an I can't eat if I'm angry, stressed, or upset because my body got so used to me making myself sick when im feeling those emotions (yay former eating disorders) that now it just does it automatically problem. 

Archived