Brand New and Hoping to Start 9/3

jennplaystheguitar

Hi! I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but am only really giving myself a few days to plan. That said, I have done drastic diet changes before to try to “clean up” my eating in the past. I just have found that there has too much bread and sugar in my diet these past few months, and it is time to make a commitment. Type 2 Diabetes runs in my family, and I need to work at staving this off, so I am pretty committed. I am not usually a “group” kind of person, but know that I will need support. I married into an Italian American family that is always having group events that center around eating. We have a lot of family events coming up, but if I wait any longer, I will find myself saying that again for October, and then we will be creeping up to the holidays. So, it’s now or never! Thanks for reading, if you have, and best of luck to everyone in all of their endeavors!

I'm planning to start today. I've attempted W30 twice this year. The first I simply couldn't stick with it. The second attempt was derailed by a Southern funeral as nothing was W30 compliant with no option to go get something (and poor planning on my part). 

In the last week, I had attempted to simply cut back. My cutting back lasted two days. I need a more disciplined approach to tackling my eating, sugar dragon, and obesity. Thus, restarting today. May we all be successful as we do better in September! 

I'm starting today too!  @itsyourcaptain I feel you.  I have tried a couple of half-hearted whole30s this year, but this one is for real.  I wish you the best of luck!  If you find any good recipes or have any tips, please share them here, and I will too! 

Good luck to all!

On 8/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, jennplaystheguitar said:

I just have found that there has too much bread and sugar in my diet these past few months, and it is time to make a commitment. Type 2 Diabetes runs in my family, and I need to work at staving this off, so I am pretty committed... if I wait any longer, I will find myself saying that again for October, and then we will be creeping up to the holidays. So, it’s now or never! Thanks for reading, if you have, and best of luck to everyone in all of their endeavors!

I feel the exact same way @jennplaystheguitar

Archived