Post W30 in France

GBR

I did a log (whole30 in France) but now I am switching to the post w30 section.

day 31 : i am not at home. We went for dinner to my friends house and slept there. I had one glass of red wine. I have headache but I am not really sure why. I had headache during my last week of w30 + went to bed late + my daughter had nightmares and went several times to me during the night... I will go back to W30 until I feel better. And when I feel better, I will try again alchohol.

My last week of W30 was disappointed because i had headache and low energy. i have 4 ideas : 

1) too much salt and not enough water? I have read this in the forum. 

2) too much starchy vegetables and fruits? I know the recommandation are often the opposite: eat a lot, eat a lot of starchy vegetables. But I have come to know myself through experimentation and I feel a lot better when I eat low sugar, including sugar in fruit and vegetables. I compensate with lot of healthy fats.

3) too much nuts. I eat a lot of nuts and when I do that I feel that I feed the dragon or I may have some kind of allergies? 

4) too much meat. Again, the W30 recommendation are lot of proteins but I feel like it is too much. 

I want to go further and find out. So I want to do more days of w30, adding my own rules : no more almonds, more water, less salt, fewer meats, fruits and starchy vegetables.

it will be easier when i will be home. I have been traveling for a week and it is a lot less easy to find what i want. 

I am now on W30+ 4 days

Day 1: I have reintroduced wine

Day 2 : W30. I have headache but I am not 100% sure it is related to the wine yesterday. I did not sleep a lot. 

Day 3: I had few bits of paremsan cheese. I did not anticipate this. It was mixed to other things in the salad I ordered. 

Day 4 : I went back to whole 30. As explained before, I had headache and low energy on my last week of W30. I would like to wait until I feel better to do the reintroduction. Or else I will not be able to interpret correctly the result.

Day 7 (or 37) : W30 compliant. Feeling better. I have reduced my fruit and starchy vegetables consumption and I think it is better for me : lot of fat and very low sugar. I always observed the same : after 2-3 days of this diet, the energy comes back. I will start reintroduction tomorrow with wine I think

Day 8 = W38

Feeling terrific. Tiger blood is back. I ate W30 compliant

Day 9,10 = W39/40 : W30 compliant except for 2 dinners where I ate in a restaurant.

1) First restaurant was a 1 star restaurant, in which there is only one menu with 5 courses. I do not think there were dairy. But one sauce had a bit of pralin (not sure the word in English. It is nuts with sugar) and another had soja. I also had a glass of wine. I am very proud of me for not having dessert, even if it was part of the menu.  And this was to celebrate our 12th anniversary

2) Second restaurant with a friend visiting Paris. Manage to have gluten free, cereals free, dairy free and sugar free. I had vegetables, fish, home made mayonnaise. No dessert. I had a glass of wine.

Conclusion : I did not have any issues following the 2 glasses of wine I had over the week end, the very small portion of sugar and the soja. My mood was not as good as the days before but I think it is related to other things : short nights, no time to meditate, too much to do. Cravings are not back and of that I am very glad ! It was not hard to eat like that, without the fresh home made bread, the desserts and I had satiety.

My plan for the next week is to go back on W30 from Monday to Friday, because it is easy for me. On the week end, I will reintroduce depending on the situation and will hopefully get to know me better. I want to be very careful for I am very afraid of loosing all the benefit of my W30.

Day 12  = W42

W30. Feel terrific. Good sleep, good energy, good mood, good digestion, no cravings, good skin, happy with my size (I wear 6 in US size / 36 in France) .

Looking for having a glass of wine next saturday (not that I need it or crave for it, but to check the effects on me). I will not be home. I have to prepare myself to have only wine and stay W30 compliant otherwise. I know this is the kind of situation where I can easily go off track if I am not very carreful. Especially with the friends I am staying with, who enjoy food/drinks a lot and tend to encourage you to feast as well. 

Day 14 = W0 +14 days

A little bit more tired today. I think it's because I am approaching the end of the week and I did not get enough sleep over the last few days. Today was a W30 compliant day. Tomorrow I will reintroduce wine. A glass on the evening.

Day 15, 16, 17 after W30 

Did not manage to re-introduce only one thing as I planned! I had soja, wine, probably cream (not sure what was on the sauce), sugar, gluten, wine

My mood was kess good and I had a small headache. I had a hard time to resist to some apple pie on the second day, but I did !

I do not know what is responsible for what. I would like to go back to W30 and when I feel good I can reintroduce again. Hopefully one thing after antoher and not many things at once.

Also I want to highlight that I have not eaten tones of things, I was not out of control. This is very positive. Everybody had more drinks that I, had bread and I did not, had ice cream and I did not, etc. I wish I had gone slowlier to reintroduce but I do want to see the positive apsects as well.

Day 21 after W30 was a compliant day

Day 22 was a day with many nuts (too much) and wine/goat cheese reintroduction.

Day 23  : I went to a marocan restaurant and had a "pastilla" which contains gluten, and honey. I should have waited before reintroducing gluten and sugar because yesterday I already had cheese and wine... Too many things...

Day 24 : felt discouraged and decided to have milk chocolate ! Felt even more discouraged and ate way too much banana bread (with no gluten, but with honey and lot of banana). I was craving for more sugar after that. Bad mood, headaches. I am not sure if it is due to high carb, to gluten, to dairy... I get up at 3:00 this morning, so it also creates issue with my sleep.

Day 25 after W30 - Back to W30 compliant food. I have found some blood analysis result from 2015 and it said that I have intolerance to eggs !  do not know why I did not see it back on 2015. I do not know how reliable it is. So this week I will not eat eggs. Just to see.

This is my customized W30, with no eggs and no coffee (I have decided to stop that when I started the W30 in August, and do not feel like having it since then). 

Day 28 : 1 glass of wine + 1 dessert at a restaurant (fruit based desert, with sugar I guess but witout flour. Did not touch the ice cream and asked for no cream)

Day 29, day 30 : W30 compliant days

Good mood and lot of energy during those 3 days.

Day 36-38

On friday I was carving for sugar - We went out for dinner and I had a glass of wine, french fries and meat (big portion). I think this was too much for a reintroduction ! 

On Saturday, my cravings were most. I have started eating non compliant food in the middle of the afternoon, including gluten. And ate too much

On Sunday, I was craving all day. We were invited and had rices. I had few dark chocolate bites. Nuts. Fruits. --> Bad mood, bad digestion, thinking of food all day

What I have learnt?  I have obvisouly crossed the line... I will try to remember the following :

1) When cravings start, I should know that Nothing will help. The more I eat the more I want. I think the best when craving comes is to realize it and not to feed the dragon until cravings go away. 

2) I do not know why I had the cravings. Maybe stress? lack of sleep? or eating out without knowing that I was eating Something that fed the dragon? 

Archived