Anyone starting 9/17?

MLee

• Administrators
14 hours ago, MichelleºCA said:

I do understand your idea/protection mechanism about being too heavy to be carried off.  I suffered some abuse as a child, and I know it fed into (no pun) my desire to stay fat, protective and less attractive (my subconscious told me).  Thank goodness for therapy! @Zee_1

I love this conversation, thank you both for sharing! For years I held on to a large amount of weight so that I could blame that if people/men didn't want me. Rather than ever thinking maybe I wasn't enough as a human being, I could just say it was because I was so unattractive and unhealthy. Turns out, you're always enough, the good humans love you anyway and the ones that will only care for you when you're "skinny" are trash anyway, so................

Hard stuff to come to terms with and admit to ourselves let alone others. Nice work, ladies!

3 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

I love this conversation, thank you both for sharing! For years I held on to a large amount of weight so that I could blame that if people/men didn't want me. Rather than ever thinking maybe I wasn't enough as a human being, I could just say it was because I was so unattractive and unhealthy. Turns out, you're always enough, the good humans love you anyway and the ones that will only care for you when you're "skinny" are trash anyway, so................

Hard stuff to come to terms with and admit to ourselves let alone others. Nice work, ladies!

Isn't it crazy the things we believe about ourselves?  I've learned so much about myself during this process that it's been wild.  And so very freeing.  It really is about more than just food.  

On 10/18/2018 at 5:59 AM, ladyshanny said:

Yes, it's a common sentiment and experience, isn't it?    I blamed so much of my obscure childhood/teen years on my fat...  My daughter is now past the midpoint of high school, a naturally cute/slim figure beneath a beautiful face, and she has many of the same struggles/angst I had as a teen, without the issue of weight. It's been quite a revelation, this concurrent life experience along with all the cumulative benefits of w30.  I'm back on for R2 today, and I'm LOVING my veggie-filled breakfast.    Thank you for sharing also, @ladyshanny

On 10/18/2018 at 9:26 AM, Zee_1 said:

Isn't it crazy the things we believe about ourselves?  I've learned so much about myself during this process that it's been wild.  And so very freeing.  It really is about more than just food.  

YES YES YES!  Those few days I took off, after 32 days on my first round (which we both finished last week), was equally telling and informative.  I feel SO MUCH BETTER eating balanced meals filled with nutrients.  I was finally able to separate my physical well-being from what my emotions told me I want.  W30 gave me the space to experience that, and I'm forever grateful. 

How are you doing, @Zee_1?  Are you still on 1st round, or have you done introduction?

Archived