Modified elimination diet

My doctor recommended I do a modified elimination diet based on my food allergy testing, including cutting out wheat, dairy, and some other foods (eggs, coconut, and squash all made the list, unfortunately). I did my first whole 30 this past March and was thinking of doing another anyway since my habits have slipped big-time. My question is, would it be ill-advised to do one at the same time as I eliminate other things based on my doctor's recommendations? It would be more restrictive and I'd have to get more creative (remember when I mentioned no eggs?). I'd likely do a longer re-introduction as well. Any input is welcome, thanks!

• Moderators

It might be okay to do both at once. That's really up to you. Think about the stuff you have to eliminate and how much you'd normally have them on whole30 and whether there are things that you can use instead that are also whole30 or if you're okay leaving them out completely. 

Many people who start with a whole30 but don't find relief for specific illnesses or symptoms end up doing an AIP whole30, which eliminates a bunch of stuff that would normally be okay on whole30, including eggs -- while it may not be exactly what you have to leave out, it might be close enough to help you find some recipe ideas. You can read about it here, and the site I'm linking to has quite a few recipes as well:   https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/. Note that it isn't exactly whole30, I think at times her recipes use some non-whole30 ingredients, but there's enough overlap that it might be helpful. 

Archived