Food Aversions

I am on Day 6 and overall feel great. I’m not moody, have had limited cravings, and feel just slightly sluggish. I am not pregnant, but am having crazy food aversions. I made shrimp and asparagus yesterday and had a bite of each and could not stomach them. Shrimp are normally my FAVORITE with asparagus being right up there. I had planned on salmon and broccoli today but it sounds terrible. The only thing that sounds good is lightly seasoned chicken with green salad (fresh veg and avocado on top), and bacon. I am happy to be very repetitive with my meals for now (I’ve had the same breakfast all 6 days and love it) but am worried I will get sick of it eventually and revert back to foods I typically eat when nothing sounds good. Is this normal? 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Morgan McKenzie said:

I am on Day 6 and overall feel great. I’m not moody, have had limited cravings, and feel just slightly sluggish. I am not pregnant, but am having crazy food aversions. I made shrimp and asparagus yesterday and had a bite of each and could not stomach them. Shrimp are normally my FAVORITE with asparagus being right up there. I had planned on salmon and broccoli today but it sounds terrible. The only thing that sounds good is lightly seasoned chicken with green salad (fresh veg and avocado on top), and bacon. I am happy to be very repetitive with my meals for now (I’ve had the same breakfast all 6 days and love it) but am worried I will get sick of it eventually and revert back to foods I typically eat when nothing sounds good. Is this normal? 

Food boredom is definitely normal. Some aversion or nausea can be normal at first also. It often depends on what your diet was like before Whole30. People that are making a huge shift or going through a lot of hormonal change. I would say just keep eating the foods that do sound good and then keep trying to broaden that horizon as you go. :)

Archived