Carb Flu on First Day?

kbop207

I don’t know if this is the right topic forum for this question, but I’m on my first day (not my first attempt at Whole30) and I feel like I have started the carb flu. I feel tired, my nose is running, and not much of an appetite after starting to eat lunch (Whole30 approved receipe). 

Has anyone experienced this on their first day?

• Moderators

Being tired or having headaches could start from day one, though it usually happens after a couple of days. Runny nose I guess might be a symptom of Whole30, but it could also be that you've picked up a bit of a cold (or even the flu -- if you have a fever or a sore throat or muscle aches, call your doctor soon so that if it is the flu they can get you an antiviral medication like tamiflu). 

Whether it's carb flu or a cold, go easy on yourself, rest as much as you can, drink lots of water, and be sure you try to eat something. Maybe sip some broth or make some soup with some -- this is a good one when you're not feeling great, if you're up to making it:  https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2014/08/17/healing-chicken-soup-paleo-whole30/

Archived