Opinion needed

kirzeder13

I’ve been eating whole30 for about 6 months and down 40 lbs with no desire to reintroduce much. I used to enjoy eating some buffalo wings and other mildly spicy foods but now it seems EVERY time I have even mildly spicy foods for dinner I’m up in the middle of the night with agonizing stomach pains! It doesn’t effect me immediately but usually about 8 hours later. Any one else experience this? Is it because I don’t have the lining of junk in my stomach now to absorb that spice?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, kirzeder13 said:

I’ve been eating whole30 for about 6 months and down 40 lbs with no desire to reintroduce much. I used to enjoy eating some buffalo wings and other mildly spicy foods but now it seems EVERY time I have even mildly spicy foods for dinner I’m up in the middle of the night with agonizing stomach pains! It doesn’t effect me immediately but usually about 8 hours later. Any one else experience this? Is it because I don’t have the lining of junk in my stomach now to absorb that spice?

How odd, I don't think I've ever heard this particular result before! Is it all spicy foods? Or certain spices? Does curry bother you? Or just a hot-sauce style food? Can you try calming the spice with something like a dump ranch for dipping? 

• Administrators

I'm so sorry I don't have any good suggestions for you, I've not heard of this before. Since most spice is created with nightshades, can you try potatoes or tomatoes and see if you get the same stomach upset? Does black pepper do the same?

Archived