MS & Whole30 = A New Life?

Ashley

So today marks the beginning of my Whole30 process. See, I was blessed with and have been living with RRMS since January of 2005. The first 7 years or so were pretty mild and I experienced no symptoms. Even my neuro said if it wasn't for the few lesions on my brain, he wouldn't even diagnose me with it. Unfortunately, things took a toll for the worse last summer during an extremely stressful period of my life. I am completely against medicine most of the time and have this huge fear of hate for needles, I couldn't bring myself to go on any medications to manage my flare ups/new symptoms. Every time I talk to my doc about new symptoms, he slowly starts leaning towards medications since it seems like my MS is now progressing. Being the need-to-know-everything person that I am tagged with my determination to beat this uncureable disease, I started googling like crazy for alternative treatment so long as it didn't include needles. For the past 6 months or so, I've been thoroughly reading into Paleo and ways it can improve your health. One night, I stumbled upon the Whole9 life and was amazed at all the positive praises that fellow Whole30ers had to say about it, including people who also have MS and found that their symptoms had minimized in as little as a week into their Whole30. I thought, Eureka! This is it! Unfortunately, it's not as easy to cut out most every food that you love even when you try to tell yourself that there's a good chance it will heal you. So while it's taken me some time due to lack of committment and what have you, I have buckled down and am ready to take this head on & see what the next 30 days does for me! I plan to keep this lifestyle once my Whole30 is up except for the occassional glass of wine or chocolate on those days I just need want them.

I plan to track all my foods & activities on this thread to keep myself accountable as well as a place where I can look back and reflect on weeks from now.

Day1:

Fasted until 4pm due to a morning stomach ache, lack of allowed foods that were cooked & spending 4 hours (inc. travel time) @ the allergist.

4:00 - Smoothie

4oz coconut milk

1 cup blueberries

1 frozen banana

1/8 cup ground flax seed

1/2 cup egg whites

6:00 - kale chips + chicken = :)

3 cups kale

1 tbsp olive oil

seasoned w/cayanne pepper & garlic salt

boneless chicken sauteed in coconut oil & onion seasoning

8:00 - almonds

couple handfuls. Perfect end of the day treat!

I do actually have to go to work tomorrow unlike the past couple of days so it's off to sleep I go!

Archived