Coffee with nutpods alone or part of meal?

StaceyFisch

Good morning! Today is Day One for me and I'm very excited to be here! I've started using Nutpods in my coffee, which has helped already break the craving for milk/cream, and for coffee overall. But I do have a question about the mechanics of the plan. I will usually start my day with coffee before breakfast... Now that I'm using the Nutpods, is it still okay to drink the coffee outside of an actual meal setting since the Nutpods are more a fat? I wasn't sure if this is now considered more of a snack that I should avoid... Thank you!

Hi @StaceyFisch, welcome! I'll let others chime in as well, but it is my understanding that Nutpods are not considered an extra fat, simply an alternative to milk in your coffee. Please continue to have your morning cup, and another one later in the day if needed. However, you may find that over these 30 days you may no longer need/want more coffee in the afternoon because you already have the energy you need to push through "nap time". 

One thing to ask yourself now is, "why am I having coffee"? I know for me, I definitely need my morning cup, but sometimes rely too heavily on caffeine in the afternoon because I'm too tired, or simply craving something else, or am bored. If any of these are the case for you too, W30 is a great time to evaluate and find solutions to the true causes of these symptoms. Too tired? Think about ways to get more or better quality sleep at night. Craving a sugary snack every day at 2? Maybe you are actually hungry and need to eat a larger lunch, or maybe you just need a few weeks to break a sugar habit. Does this make sense?

And at the end of it all you still really need a caffeine boost, because we all do sometimes, please sit down and enjoy with a compliant alternative of your choice.

Thanks so much! Appreciate the feedback. We started adding in Nutpods and removing cream/milk about two weeks ago so I already noticed I'm not craving coffee as much as I was. I'm glad for the change there already! Your comments definitely make sense.

Thank you!!

Archived