Overeating

Granny

• Moderators

You could overeat, but that's usually something that happens when people are eating mindlessly -- for instance if they take a big container of almonds and sit down in front of the TV and just eat without paying attention, or if they grab a handful of nuts whenever they pass by the kitchen. If you're playing up a meal and sitting down and eating that meal, you're unlikely to really overeat. 

I don't know your particular background but I know that people who are used to diets and restricting calories sometimes feel like whole30 meals are bigger than they are used to. If that's what you're used to, it can take a little while to get used to the larger meals of whole30, but remember that on whole30, you don't have a bunch of fillers. Everything on your plate is full of nutrients that you need. 

3 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

You could overeat, but that's usually something that happens when people are eating mindlessly -- for instance if they take a big container of almonds and sit down in front of the TV and just eat without paying attention, or if they grab a handful of nuts whenever they pass by the kitchen. If you're playing up a meal and sitting down and eating that meal, you're unlikely to really overeat. 

I don't know your particular background but I know that people who are used to diets and restricting calories sometimes feel like whole30 meals are bigger than they are used to. If that's what you're used to, it can take a little while to get used to the larger meals of whole30, but remember that on whole30, you don't have a bunch of fillers. Everything on your plate is full of nutrients that you need. 

This was good to read. I was thinking all day today that I was hoping I wasn't overeating. I don't feel incredibly full after I eat, but it also keeps me from being hungry in between meals. I haven't snacked at all! (It's only day two, so I'm not truly patting myself on the back just yet.) Thank you for this input though!! 

Archived