Meal Timing for a Work Day

MapleSyrup

Hello!

I'm on day 4 but am struggling a bit with my meal timing. I work 9-5 (leaving the house at 8:30, getting back around 6 or so), and usually take a hot yoga class at either 6:45 or 7:45 each night. This gets me home between 8 and 9 pm, and means I usually don't eat dinner until after 9 pm most nights after eating lunch at 1pm. The food at night leaves me wide awake! I'm also STARVING by the time my class starts. Usually I'd have a small, quick snack like a protein bar, but Whole30 says to eat a pre-workout mini-meal, which really does not seem like a good idea before an hour of hot yoga. What's the best way reschedule my meals / balance this timeline out?

Thanks!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MapleSyrup said:

Hello!

I'm on day 4 but am struggling a bit with my meal timing. I work 9-5 (leaving the house at 8:30, getting back around 6 or so), and usually take a hot yoga class at either 6:45 or 7:45 each night. This gets me home between 8 and 9 pm, and means I usually don't eat dinner until after 9 pm most nights after eating lunch at 1pm. The food at night leaves me wide awake! I'm also STARVING by the time my class starts. Usually I'd have a small, quick snack like a protein bar, but Whole30 says to eat a pre-workout mini-meal, which really does not seem like a good idea before an hour of hot yoga. What's the best way reschedule my meals / balance this timeline out?

Thanks!

A preworkout mini meal would be something like a hardboiled egg and some olives or mayo... if you can do your hot yoga witha  protein bar in your stomach, the mini meal should be fine... Some people's schedule means that they need to eat more than three meals a day... we recommend your first meal within an hour of waking and then a meal every 4-5 hours after that and then stopping a couple hours before bed.. can you have your dinner when you get home and then do the 745 yoga class and eat a post workout (a few bites of lean protein and starchy carb) after?

Archived