Whole 30 OUTLAWS

Nicole M

day4.

bfast-porkchop, roasted carrots ,olives ,black tea

shredded coconut and pecans

lunch-same as breakfast

dinner- pan fried tilapia salad w/ tomatoes daikon and lime as dressing, fried plantain

*all fried w/ coconut oil

*forgot my pre/post wod snack:

hard boiled egg, shredded coconut, pecans

tired. super tired. wanna sleep for 14+ hrs...i will take my 6!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing better today. I have meals from Power Supply and PreMade Paleo meals from an approved partner. No excuses now.

Bfast - Turkey, Ham spinach, egg, avocado.

Lunch - Beef with mushrooms and mixed greens.

First real test for me is the weekend. Lots of tempation running around with my two kids. Luckily they usually eat better then I do. Have a great weekend all.

Cheers

Cesar

Didn't get a chance to post last night...

Day 4:

M1: scrambled eggs, carrots and guac, coffee with coconut milk

M2: kale salad with peppers and onions, leftover chicken from Day 3 dinner

M3: taco salad with ground beef sauteed in ghee, kale, onions, peppers, compliant salsa and guac

Did snack on some cashews and macadamias during the day, I think I need to up my breakfast intake because I am not getting filled up until lunch... but I was also sitting in a training, so I was really paying attention to how hungry I was. My energy level is getting better during the day and into the night, but I am struggling to get up in the morning, still.

On to Day 5! Great job everyone!!!

DAY5:

BFAS-pan fried tilapia and salsa , 1/2 sweet potato, black tea, water, coconut water, schredded coconut, macadamias

LUNCH-pan fried tilapia salad w/ tomatoes daikon and salsa as dressing, 1/2 sweet potato, schredded coconut, macadamias

i am very tired right now. this morning i had a headache, and my face looks like it did when i was in highschool. lol

DINNER-shrimp n bokchoy, plaintain

i was craving fruit today. i fought the urge! i will treat fruit like my cheat. pooping is still

going extra regular =} so i guess something is goin well inside my body!

Day 11

Breakfast: leftover chicken sausage and brussel sprouts (enough for a few bites), water with lemon and lime and a banana.

Snack: Didnt have enough for breakfast and had a bowl of chicken soup I made over night with watermelon and pineapple (4 pieces of each).

Lunch: Sliced turkey with half an avocado, carrots, mustard and olives. Kombucha.

Snack: Kiwi.

Dinner: Chicken soup

Im tired today and super blah, it feels like I pulled my groin (been bothering me all week but on the first jumping squat last night I felt it tighten up more)...so Im bummed and can't soak my sorrows with a cupcake. :( I also feel like we're eating too much fruit so my goal next week is to cut that down.

Thursday:

Breakfast - eggs, coconut oil, spices

Lunch - salad with steak and guac at Chipotle

Dinner - chinese hot pot with lamb, frog, and scallops with bok choy, golden mushroom, and rapeseed flower. This was at a truly authentic restaurant where the menu had spelling errors and waitstaff didn't speak english well. I was therefore unable to resolve the true ingredients of the broth or hot sauce, but noted nothing tasted sweet.

Friday:

Breakfast - whole30 approved braunschweiger, strawberries

Lunch - left over hot pot and tri-tip

Dinner - roast venison with sweet potatoes, salad with onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, olive oil and vineagar

Dinner was hosted for a friend going overseas and asked for a toast with some Crown Royal. Had a few sips.

Have not been zonking in the afternoons. Eating more for lunch and eating lunch later. Did not workout Thursday or Friday due to schedule.

Pretty good week..... Very blessed to use the gym's paleo meal system for lunch and dinner throughout the week. The temptation to endless snacking has been killing me. I've found myself eating hard boiled eggs, avocados, nut and apples or just trying to get in bed early to sleep off the temptations. I've intentionally increased my non-coffee water intake 3 folds from just about nothing and it's helped tons with curbing hunger. I feel great and have noticed a difference.

My eating landmines are obligatory lunches with co-workers - when I was invited for pizza I was so proud of my response. "I would love to join you for lunch, would you be offended if I brought my own?" Of course they responded no.... not going to let these lunch bunches and social feeding frenzies bamboozle my goals.

I've also been focusing on the spiritual side of clean health – I look forward to reading “A 21 day journey to a new you FOOD, FITNESS, and FAITH for women†it is pretty inspirational in being healthy. Every night it has a journal so there is work. After reading this week I realized that I'm not just committed to the 30 day challenge, but I truly have to unlearn and relearn everything I was custom to growing up when it came to eating chicken nuggets, fries, the Hungry Man, or pizza for dinners.

Looking forward to Monday and being able to get beyond week one….

Bon appetite

Great job everyone!! Rob, watch out for the steak at Chipolte, according to some research done around the forum, the only compliant meat there is carnitas, the rest have soybean oil, which is a no no.

Day5:

M1: scrambled eggs, carrots, coffee with coconut milk, handful cashews

M2: leftover chicken from day 3, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, cashews and raisin mix

M3: avocado tuna salad I found on chowstalker over kale with carrots

Snacked on some cashews today, too. I was noticing that I was getting full quickly while eating and then getting hungry within an hour or so... Got some advice from the forum, so hopefully I will get that figured out over the next week. I really would like to cut down on my snacking, as this is something that's outlined in the rules. My tummy is a bit upset, having some "poo" issues, but will spare you all the details.... :)

Day 6 (Saturday) we are having friends over for dinner, so I am making a compliant meal for all of us. It's actually getting fun to cook! I have also noticed that my cravings have decreased some. Right now, I am just focusing on making sure that I am following the meal template properly.

i dont know what day it is... DAY 6

breakfast - leftover shrimps, half a small sweet potato, tea, olives

postwod-shredded coconut and pecans

lunch- mixed greens salad with (clean) rotisserie chicken from whole foods, gucasalsa, other half of the small sweet potato, and tea

dinner- fresh shucked mussels sauteed w/ BOKCHOY. 1/2 sweet potato and some olives.

i drink water throughout the day, all day, with all my meals. i havent had fruit since my hunger attack on tues/wed. so i've only had 2 pieces of fruit this week. i dont know if its good or bad to try and eliminate fruit during this whole 30. we'll see how long i can go. i love fruit though. i went to whole foods on duke st after leaving the gym. as soon as i walked in the smell of fruits was overwhelming. it made my mouth water. i stayed on the perimeter of the store, except to look for almond butter, but found it in the candy aisle, so i ran out of that one fast! they are adding bad stuff to the perimeter :o lol. as i walked past the meats, i hit the baked goods, cheeses, pastries...oh the temptation. :wub: the worst was the BAR inside the damn store. all the delicious selections of wine and chocolates calling my name. i made it out of there safe!!! :ph34r:

The farmers market in Alexandria is in front of the town hall on King St. and Fairfax. 7am to noon year round.

I'm lucky to be allergic to yeast, so can throw down that card when offered pizza.

Breakfast: eggs, coconut oil, spices

Lunch: Pre-made Paleo turkey tomatillo, herb root veggies, sauteed kale

Dinner: leftover roast deer and sweet potatoes, salad

Damn Chipotle and its soy. Eating out can sure be a challenge.

Day 11 and I'm starting to feel good. Definitely fit into my clothes better. Having kids definitely doesn't help as they are temptations and its hard to cook. I felt like I cooked all day yesterday.

Today - breakfast - zucchini muffins, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch - grass fed burger, plantain chips I made yesterday and salad

Dinner - grass fed steak, spinach, sweet potato

Made some clean sauce yesterday and will make egg muffins today. I can't find anything to eat if going out :(. Hence keep cooking. Three days of power supply meals this week.

Day 6:

M1: breakfast scramble with sweet potatoes, onions, peppers and bacon, coffee with coconut milk

M2: ate late bfast, so didn't really eat lunch :/ oops

M3: carnitas from well fed over kale with onions, peppers and guac, le croix sparkling water, snacked on some veggies

Dinner with friends was successful. Was slightly tempted to eat cheese and tortilla... But made it through! Luckily no one that was here was drinking, bc that probably would have been hard. Stomach is feeling better today.

Cook-a-thon today!! Almost through week 1!!

Day7...

M1- ground turkey sauteed w onion garlic and spices, scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 sweet potato, some olives

M2 - ground turkey stuff over leftover cabbage noodles, some olives

M3 - TBD (more turkey or leftover rotisserie chicken)i had butternut soup with some of that ground turkey in it and 1/2 an avocado

and a banana =}

i am craving fruit. i think i am gonna eat one today. i feel really sore from yesterday's partner WOD,,bad headache, and just lethargic. i dont know if its the flushot i got on friday or lack of fruit.

So...confession. Chris and I cheated yesterday in the form of beer and vodka sodas. We're paying for it today and have a better understanding in the differece between feeling good and sleeping all day.

Anyhow, I have butternut squash lasagna in the oven and it smells heavenly. We has BLT's (obvioulsy sans bread) for lunch and snacked on veggies.

Friday nite: went to bar for a birthday. It took tremendous discipline not to drink. I paid $2.25 for a club soda with lime...crazy. At roasted naked wings out of desperation, left early. Bars are difficult.

Saturday:

Breakfast: eggs with coconut oil, spices.

Lunch: Spinach omlette, fruit, sweet potato fries

Dinner: smoked venison (had venison smokefest this weekend), smoked salmon, grassfed beef roast, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and onions.

Sharron, we were out and decided to have a drink...without writing too much on here and starting a string of comments...we're strarting to think about how to adapt our eating habbits long term and strike a balance. We plan on being strict all week again and the lasagna was amazing.

Recipe (youll need to search for a compliant sauce or make it)

http://www.health-bent.com/beef/paleo-butternut-squash-lasagna

I am behind on posting... blech bad at this.

Day 7:

My eating on the weekends has no schedule... skipped lunch again. Gotta get a check on that.

M1: scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, bacon; a few bacon slices.

M2: oops

M3: baked chicken salad with kale, onions, peppers, carrots and strawberries with basalmic vinegar, yum!

Raven-- I understand where you're coming from. Obviously, this is not going to be how any of us eat for the rest of our lives....but it is good to start thinking of what the balance is going to be. Glad you're back on the wagon! :ph34r: And that lasagna looks awesome!

Posting early today! Whoop! It's my late night at work, so again my schedule is a little messed up because I got up at 8:30 and didn't eat breakfast until 9:30. So I ate a late lunch, and will eat dinner around 7:15 when I have a break in between groups. Probably not ideal, but it's what I am working with, so...

Day 8:

M1: 3 fried eggs, sweet potato hash browns both cooked in ghee

M2 and M3: Well Fed's Chocolate chili over kale and cauliflower, mashed butternut squash with ghee, 2 apples and cinnamon processed in. (I found it online, it is super delicious and way easy. ) a banana at m2.

Also been nursing a bottle of Gingerberry Kombucha for a couple hours. If you guys haven't read about this yet, pick up a bottle at Whole Foods, it is yummy and has good probiotics.

Hope everyone is still doing well!!

Archived