Day 12 hangover

Amb1234

Good morning,

I’m on day 12 of my first Whole30! Up until today I had been feeling pretty good and honestly didn’t experience may negative symptoms (headaches, fatigue, irritability) week one as the timeline suggested I might. I’ve been eating well with no cheats and drinking lots of water and exercising a few times a week. Everything seemed to be going ok until today when I woke up feeling totally hungover! I have a headache, some light nausea, sensitivity to light, feel light headed, and almost even a little feverish. Wondering if folks have any thoughts as to what this is about, seems very delayed for it to be the “hangover” mentioned in the timeline in the first couple days. Hoping to get some guidance from some of the folks that have “been around the block” before.  I drink 80-120 ounces of water/day. Below is a summary of what I’ve eaten in the last 48ish hours:

breakfast:

coffee with nut pods 

2 homemade pork, blueberry sausage patties

1/2 banana with 1/2 tbsp almond butter

raw carrots

Lunch:

turkey wraps with mustard and avocado wrapped in collard greens

1/4 cup mixed unsalted nuts

apple

dinner:

pork & beef meatballs over sautéed spinach with marinara sauce

pear 1/2 tbsp almond butter 

Breakfast:

coffee with nut pods 

2 homemade pork, blueberry sausage patties

1 red bell pepper raw

Lunch

tuna salad with homemade mayo, mustard, 1 small avocado, raw carrots 

kombucha

dinner 

white chicken chili (chicken breast, coconut milk, peppers, onion)

pear

appreciate any help or feedback!

• Moderators

I hope you're feeling better. Nothing in your food sends up a red flag, other than you may want to limit nuts/nut butter to once a day or every other day.  Be sure you are eating enough, especially the recommended amounts for fat and protein in the Meal Template (it's hard to determine from your description). 

Archived