Post Reintroduction Fear

cutterlm

I am on Day 20 and feel better than I have in a long, long time.   Ate and drank way too much over the Christmas holidays, and I felt so out of control.  Now, I feel completely in control and have no doubt that I can finish my Whole30 and am not even concerned about reintroduction.  I have it pretty well planned out, down to my Superbowl foods (lots of Whole30 compliant appetizers and some really good red wine!)

But I am honestly scared about what comes after.  I am terrified about slipping into my old bad habits.  Any words of wisdom that any one can give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

The after part is definitely the hard part. If you haven't yet, you might want to check some of the links on this page:  https://whole30.com/finished/, and you might find the book Food Freedom Forever helpful as well.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that you probably won't have life after Whole30 completely figured out after one Whole30. It is okay if you get off track, as long as you get back on track as soon as you can. When you start realizing you're not feeling as good, go back to whole30 eating for a while -- maybe a full 30 days, maybe a week, whatever amount of time it takes you to feel good and in control again. 

Archived