Indigestion from Bone Broth

I have been drinking bone broth everyday and been getting indigestion - burping, bloating, pressure in my gut. I realized it has to be from the broth. Everything else I am eating is not new and I have never consumed bone broth 1-2 cups daily.

I mainly buy the brand Bonafide Provisions (mainly chicken and turkey) or make it myself out of chicken. This article says that marrow bones are better if you experiencing this. Should I stick with Beef bone broth? Will that have less of the cartilage bones?

http://thepaleopi.com/2015/01/23/bone-broth-gelatin-bloating/

• Moderators

To find out which bones a company uses in their broth, you'd have to contact them and ask.

Personally, I would probably cut out all broth for several days and see if you feel better. If you do, then pick one type of broth to have for several days and see how you react. If you start feeling the same bloating and indigestion, cut it out again until you feel better, and if you want to try others, do the same thing, pick one to have for several days and see what happens. It may be worth making some with no vegetables to help rule out that it's really FODMAPS or nightshades that you're reacting to, not the broth itself. 

Archived