Starting February 11, 2019 -- Join in!

TeacherFitJourneyy

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread but I started around the same time (2/15). :)

How's everyone doing?

I'm hoping to find fellow grazers to chat with.   This isn't a question for those lucky people who always feel full between meals. 

I've always been hungry person and that hasn't changed yet (15 days in).

For reference: I'm 5'3, 136#.  I'm doing whole30 to fit into my pants again;)

I'm following all the rules and the meal guidelines, but not all the recommendations.  I'm grazing on fruit,  vegetables,  nuts and compliant bars throughout the day. 

Sometimes I'm hungry15 minutes after a meal.   I don't necessarily crave junk-food, I'm just hungry.   

Sometimes I can distract myself,  or I'll push through because I'm busy,  but I'm rarely not hungry.  I don't like forcing myself to drink more than I already do because then I keep getting up at night to pee.

I'm wondering if any of you have insight you can share with me? 

Are you typically a grazer but you're managing to push through and follow the guidelines?

Are you typically a grazer and you're still snacking through Whole30?

Maybe this isn't your first Whole30, and you've learned something about how to curb your hunger??

I'd LOVE to hear from you. 

1 hour ago, HealthySnacker said:

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread but I started around the same time (2/15). :)

How's everyone doing?

I'm hoping to find fellow grazers to chat with.   This isn't a question for those lucky people who always feel full between meals. 

I've always been hungry person and that hasn't changed yet (15 days in).

For reference: I'm 5'3, 136#.  I'm doing whole30 to fit into my pants again;)

I'm following all the rules and the meal guidelines, but not all the recommendations.  I'm grazing on fruit,  vegetables,  nuts and compliant bars throughout the day. 

Sometimes I'm hungry15 minutes after a meal.   I don't necessarily crave junk-food, I'm just hungry.   

Sometimes I can distract myself,  or I'll push through because I'm busy,  but I'm rarely not hungry.  I don't like forcing myself to drink more than I already do because then I keep getting up at night to pee.

I'm wondering if any of you have insight you can share with me? 

Are you typically a grazer but you're managing to push through and follow the guidelines?

Are you typically a grazer and you're still snacking through Whole30?

Maybe this isn't your first Whole30, and you've learned something about how to curb your hunger??

I'd LOVE to hear from you. 

hey!

I'm a grazer, and this aspect of whole30 felt also really hard for me for the first couple of days.

from my experience with numerous diets I can imagine that you're not eating enough. show me your plate(s). what do you eat? maybe the fat is missing? I'm hardly ever hungry lately - except after my 6am workout. when I feel the need to stick something in my mouth I go for a tea, or a mini-compliant meal. if you're hungry - eat, just stay compliant and keep the meal template.

Good to hear from you hellokatie! :)

Dinner last night was ground turkey stir fry:

https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/whole30-asian-ground-turkey-stir-fry

Breakfast this morning:

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-breakfast-hash-whole30-egg-free/ (I ate it with an egg)

I was unable to eat the suggested amounts the first week ,  but I've been eating bigger meals as an attempt to stave off hunger... to no avail. 

My favorite (most satisfying) meal is turkey chili from the book over a baked potato.  I keep raw and cooked vegetables handy so I don't grab something non-compliant, and I've even eaten a spoonful of coconut cream thinking maybe the fat would trigger my brain to feel full.

I do better during the day,  if I'm busy,  but I just keep wondering if it's really true that i could feel full.

Am I supposed to teach myself to ignore the hunger?  

What does hunger feel like to you?  

11 minutes ago, HealthySnacker said:

What does hunger feel like to you?  

For me stress or worry can give me an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.  

Is your tummy actually growling?  Then try increasing your fat for a while.  Extra sauce or salad dressing is pretty easy to do.  Double check the protein portion size, it's easy to under estimate when using ground anything.

Sometimes, for me anyway, it isn't how much you eat as much as what you eat.  Broccoli and apples for example always make me feel hungry a half hour after I've eaten them.

Archived