What foods cause mucus build up?

Carol B Lester

• Moderators

How long have you been on whole30? It may take a while for symptoms to go away.

As for what may be causing it, it might not be food related -- perhaps something in the environment that you're allergic to, or perhaps even a cold or other illness.

Food-wise, if you're early in whole30, maybe wait and see if it clears up on its own, or if you really want to try to narrow it down to specific foods, look at anything youre having now that you never ate before, or things thar you're eating a lot more of now than you ate before. You could also read up on histamines and see if you think that might be an issue. This has a pretty good general explanation of this:   https://www.stephgaudreau.com/what-is-histamine-intolerance/

Although I now know milk products add to it for me, as an older person I now have quite a few allergies to scented item, like certain perfumes, flowery smelling shampoos and hand soaps, etc. Some people think that if its organic its okay and that not the case. My mom cannot drive anymore so I take her to Catholic Mass, low and behold the incense makes me very congested. Try some over the counter Flonase to see if it will cut that for now. Hope it helps

Archived