Inflammation - How long does it take to reset your gut?

Jane S

Good morning! 

My apologies if this has been asked before, I tried to search and re-read the reintroduction portion of the book but couldn’t find a straight answer. 

My reintroduction became compromised yesterday; I planned to only introduce one flavor of ice cream yesterday and felt fine while eating it. About 30 minutes later I made the choice to also have some plain blue corn tortilla chips and while eating the corn chips my stomach began to cramp. The cramps were moderate and intermittent and continued for about 5 hours until bedtime. I also noticed very significant bloating this morning and my stomach still feeling bad/unsettled.

I know I should have only introduced one food per day with 2 Whole30 days between however (now that I’m past that point and need to restart my reintroduction) I’d like to ask how long does it actually take for the inflammation to go away and for my gut to reset? Will the 2 days be sufficient per the slow roll reintroduction schedule or does it actually take closer to 7 (or 10? or 14? or a full 30?) days for the inflammation to subside? 

Even before my Whole30 I was compliant with excluding the potentially problematic foods with the exception of dinners which would generally have the addition of rice or cheese or legumes (generally only one per meal) and a small portion of a dessert so I am less concerned with my relationship with food being compromised than the actual physical effects of certain foods and resetting my gut.

Thanks in advance! 

Jane 

• Administrators

There's no fixed timeline that we can reference, it sort of takes as long as it takes and in some cases depending on the sensitivity, the effects can be longer lasting than you might know about. We would recommend you go back to Whole30 until you feel as good as you did before this issue and then a few more days after that. Then try reintro again. 

Archived