Starting again after a year and a half

Carissa B

I first did Whole30 in October 2017 and had some pretty great weight loss success and definitely noticed a difference in my body but, I wasn’t  fully committed. I don’t do the last step very well of Introducing foods back in and really accessing my body, I made myself treats and didn’t break the cycle of being “rewarded”  by food. I also over ate and didn’t try to control my portion sizes as much. Now that’s it’s been a little over a year and a half my life is very different, I gained so much weight and I’m at my heaviest, but that’s not the only reason why I’m doing the Whole30. I’m doing it because with being my heaviest that I’ve ever been I am having a lot more health issues. Major acid reflux, heartburn, irregular bowl movements, skin abrasions that won’t heal, migraines, acne, a chronic rotator cuff Injury that flares up daily, etc. and I am so tired of it all. I have become a slave to my own body. 

So here I am, looking through different eyes than I ever have before. I also have changed my life quite a bit, I quit my job and started living full time in our RV to travel the country! I am a hairdresser so I have an amazing career that I can travel around with and so does my boyfriend.

Anyway, TODAY IS THE DAY! The FIRST day of my whole 30. My mindset already feels different just from Shopping for Whole30 and throwing away all the other food. I know this time is different because I’m ready to change my life. 

I wish you all the success in the world @Carissa B Sounds like you're really, truly ready. I'm on week 4 of my 3rd W30 and it has changed my life forever. After years of fighting with food (and wearing the battle scars like you list above :(), I have finally come to a truce with food and my body.

Keep us posted of your progress and ask for the help you need - we're all in this together!

Archived