another "i don't feel well" post...

first time whole30-er on day 5 and WOW do i feel dizzy and strangely emotional? we're already a GF family that ate largely (but not strictly) vegan. i'm already feeling super full after i eat, whereas the first 3 days i was ready to eat the entire fridge... i'm not suffering from a lack of calories... what is going ooooooon i feel awful and am almost 100% sure a piece of toast would solve all my issues ;)

• Moderators

Sorry you don't feel well :(

It's not uncommon to not feel great in the first week but maybe if you give us a rundown of what you've been eating over the past few days we can see if anything stands out.  Are you doing a vegan/vegetarian version of the program?

The fact you think toast will solve the problem makes me think to ask if you're eating starchy carbs at at least one meal a day?

i'm being funny about the toast, but yes actually i am managing to eat starch & alternating to keep it interesting with carrot, potato, sweet potato and beets mainly, i'm adhering to the meet-veg ratios, and we're def eating a lot more meat than we're used to.

we've been eating things like:

-compliant smoked salmon w fried egg on wilted spinach & oven roasted potatoes

-scrambled eggs w compliant sausage, roasted potato, avocado, mushroom & tomato

-thyme chicken w lettuce, tomato, snap peas and mashed sweet potato

-sheet pan fajita w/ onion, beef, red pepper & homemade guac

-snacks of almonds or walnuts and 2 dates

-fruit 2x a day as part of breakfast or snack w almond butter late in the day

-homemade squash soup w coconut milk & homemade zucchini-potato fritters cooked in ghee

and i've just had a chicken breast salad w cucumber, green onion, and avocado.  

any insight is appreciated! <3 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, req said:

i'm being funny about the toast, but yes actually i am managing to eat starch & alternating to keep it interesting with carrot, potato, sweet potato and beets mainly, i'm adhering to the meet-veg ratios, and we're def eating a lot more meat than we're used to.

we've been eating things like:

-compliant smoked salmon w fried egg on wilted spinach & oven roasted potatoes

-scrambled eggs w compliant sausage, roasted potato, avocado, mushroom & tomato

-thyme chicken w lettuce, tomato, snap peas and mashed sweet potato

-sheet pan fajita w/ onion, beef, red pepper & homemade guac

-snacks of almonds or walnuts and 2 dates

-fruit 2x a day as part of breakfast or snack w almond butter late in the day

-homemade squash soup w coconut milk & homemade zucchini-potato fritters cooked in ghee

and i've just had a chicken breast salad w cucumber, green onion, and avocado.  

any insight is appreciated! <3 

Your meals don't look too bad altho some of them are missing a plated fat entirely so you'd be well off to add fat to those meals such as the first one and the third one.

Make sure you're salting your food to taste and drinking 1/2oz of water per pound of body weight and getting enough rest and you should start to feel bettter shortly.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you're needing to snack because you can't go 4-5 hours between meals, then make your meals bigger altho adding that fat to each meal should help as well.  If you have to snack while you get meal sizes sorted, go for protein and fat instead of fruit and nuts, dried fruit and nut butters :)

what about this constant ear ringing? It's getting tiring. My fat intake is corrected, salt intake is good, my calories are on point, water is good.... day eight and we're feeling awful :/

• Moderators
3 hours ago, req said:

what about this constant ear ringing? It's getting tiring. My fat intake is corrected, salt intake is good, my calories are on point, water is good.... day eight and we're feeling awful :/

Sorry you're still not feeling well.  Not sure what your 'calories are on point' means as we don't count calories here but if you are eating to the meal template then that's a good start.  There shouldn't be anything about eating meat, veggies and fat that make your ears ring constantly so maybe it's something else that just happens to be going on at the same time as the Whole30?  If you're very concerned, please go and see your doctor.

Archived