Ray's W30 Log

ray.berube13

18-June-2019

Today is the beginning of Day 4 for me on the W30 program. Cravings thus far have been for high sugar items and burritos.  So far in this journey I said no to the vending machines and cravings and keep powering through. I have decided to take this trip one day, one craving, one change at a time. I feel that if I focus on the the whole 30 days that it begins to get overwhelming. When I awoke on days two and three, it felt like I had been beaten. Getting out of bed I had sore joints and a headache that made me feel miserable all day, but today, day four, I awoke and everything felt amazing. I even decided that sense I wasn't feeling so cruddy that I would start this log. My first non-scale victory this week is waking up well rested, something that hasn't happened in a long time. 

Today I am going to begin weightlifting and running on the regular. I bought a planner/notebook to keep track of all the advancements that I am making. Tomorrow will be day 5 and I look forward to coming on here and sharing more. 

21-June-2019

Day number 7 brought new challenges for me at work. While everyone was enjoying pizza from my all time favorite spot, I was eating Buffalo chicken and sweet potatoes. (By the way, they were absolutely delicious) I didn’t give into the urges, and for that I am proud of myself. So far I can tell for certain that I am more awake and aware of myself lately than I have been for awhile now. In the mornings I don’t wake up groggy or sore, that’s a huge plus, and some old injuries don’t hurt as much as they used to. 

I spent all day yesterday meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prepping. It was quite a lot of work, but the end product was so worth it. Made homemade condiments also:  buffalo sauce, ketchup (way better than store bought in my opinion), and clarified butter. 

Sunday through Thursday I will be traveling so if anyone has any tips or tricks please let me know. 

Have a blessed day. 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, ray.berube13 said:

Sunday through Thursday I will be traveling so if anyone has any tips or tricks please let me know

There's a couple of downloads here that might be helpful: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/ -- specifically the dining and the travel guides. There are also a lot of previous discussions in the forum, try googling things like whole30 travel, whole30 flying, whole30 road trip, or whole30 in a hotel, whatever seems most relevant to the way you'll be traveling and what your concerns are. And if you can't find anything, you can always post a new topic in the travel and dining out section of the forum where it will probably be seen more than a question in your personal log might be: https://forum.whole30.com/forum/9-travel-and-dining-out/

Archived