A skeptic is convinced!

Travel_lady

My doctor asked me to do a Whole30 to try to solve a number of health concerns. I work in the food industry and was highly skeptical of a diet that eliminates whole grains and legumes.  

But I have tried so many diets and techniques and I kept gaining weight and suffering from migraines, so I agreed to do this.   Today is my last day and I just got off the scale - down 14 pounds!

And I haven’t had a migraine in 30 days, after having them weekly for the past two years. 

I miss legumes but I also wonder if they contribute to my health issues.  I will pay special attention to this food group on reintroduction.  

Today I will savor the happiness and health I am feeling.  I can’t wait to go back to my doctor and talk about what’s next.  I have a feeling there will be more Whole30s in my future, and I’m totally ok with that!

That's awesome! I did my first whole30 four and a half years ago, and it totally changed my life. When I reintroduced, I had terrible reactions to peanuts and dairy (which I had eaten almost every day of my life up until then) and taking those two things out of my diet vastly improved my health to this day. Joint, back, and neck pain, allergies, greasy hair and skin, and a bunch of other stuff that I just thought of as normal, vanished in about two weeks. I have done several whole 30s now, but I don't have to be on one to feel good. I eat "compliant" probably 2 out of 3 days, and with that, I am able to really control how I feel. Good for you!

Archived