Chicken Stock Concentrate

DonnaGail

I have been looking everywhere online for a chicken concentrate that does not include sugars.  I have already baked several chickens and took the broth from them, so I don't feel like cooking more chickens just to skim the fat off the top.  I have read online that is what concentrate is.  I did not know this.  At this point, I would rather find a resource for concentrate (not broth) for purchase.  Anyone found any resources for concentrate?  I have already stocked up on Kettle and Fire's broth, but I need concentrate. Thanks!

• Moderators
23 hours ago, DonnaGail said:

I have been looking everywhere online for a chicken concentrate that does not include sugars.  I have already baked several chickens and took the broth from them, so I don't feel like cooking more chickens just to skim the fat off the top.  I have read online that is what concentrate is.  I did not know this.  At this point, I would rather find a resource for concentrate (not broth) for purchase.  Anyone found any resources for concentrate?  I have already stocked up on Kettle and Fire's broth, but I need concentrate. Thanks!

Sorry, just to clarify, you read online that chicken concentrate is the chicken fat?  I'd say that's not quite right.  Chicken stock concentrate would be a cooked down, concentrated form of chicken stock.  There was one article I read where she skimmed the fat off the juices that came out of the crockpot after she cooked a whole chicken but she threw the fat out.  Any liquid that you cook down until it's reduced is a version of concentrate so maybe take some of that broth you've made and make a concentrate?  I also see that Trader Joe's has concentrates and while I couldn't find the ingredients for all of them, some of them seem okay so maybe take a look?

I did stop by Trader Joe's today. Their concentrate contained maltdextrose (not sure of spelling) as well as sugar. I finally found tubes of both veggie and chicken concentrate paste 'Organic Imagine' at a little local natural food store. It does have potato starch, but I found where potato starch is now on the approved list. YAY! I am excited now I can create my sauces for my meats. Simple recipe that adds so much flavor to meat. My daughter was so impressed she said it looked like a gourmet meal. 

Archived