Gin's Whole30: The Sequel

ginsinnot

Day 12 today

Breakfast: slept late again, so grabbed 4 eggs at the work cafe, black coffee

Note to self: need to go to bed earlier and get the kitchen organized again over the weekend for better breakfasts next week.

Lunch: red cabbage, grass fed ground beef, topped with salsa. Ate a lot, about 3-4 cups. Delish.

Dinner, prepared by my lovely sister: Grilled T-bone steaks from our grass fed cow in the freezer, red cabbage onion caraway slaw, grilled zucchini. That steak was sooooo good, I had a tough time not gnawing on the bone:)

Day 13, lovely Saturday in a long weekend for me

Sleep: not enough and broken up due to spouse, but I resisted smothering him with a pillow:)

Breakfast: not up for eggs or the other meat in the fridge. Sweet potato with coconut cream and blackberries, 1/2 an orange and black coffee.

Late morning nap to balance not enough last night

Heading out for late lunch with the in laws and then college basketball game. Early birthday present from them to my fella. I think my dinner options may be fairly limited, likely a burger patty with veg.

Gratitude: for my iPhone, and the wide world of portable music

Long weekends

Berries, they are like sunshine in my mouth during the winter

Improving Crohns sympyoms

Day 14

Late brunch at our local place. They actually source happy meats and only organic produce, and serve products only from our state. So I enjoyed their Ballin' A$# Scramble, without the quest fresco or tortilla. So it was tasty chorizo and eggs with tomatillo salsa, cilantro and lime pieces.

Just enjoyed a salad from a Mexican to go place. Lettuce, grilled chicken, grilled peppers and onions, pico de gallo and guacamole.

Up late last night watching a good movie but slept great.

Looking forward to some shopping tomorrow morning with my sister then date night with my fella before he heads out of state for the week.

So, I made the decision over the weekend to call a Whole14 good. Not because I'm not eating in compliant fashion, but because I just recently did my first Whole30 and this was a reminder/clean up post-holiday. I'm really interested at this point in the maintenance phase and think that in order to make this a sustained life-style, I need the training wheels (the Whole30 "rules) off.

The plan is actually Whole9 all the time. I'm looking to eat Whole30 compliant at home with occasionall forays off-road. I'm just not sure what that really looks like and I'm ready to explore.

It's really hard not to think in terms of "ate good" versus "ate bad", or "cheated". I re-read the blog post about the words we use in relation to eating. I'm reading the Primal Blueprint and finding it very interesting in terms of life-long maintenance of this lifestyle.

I'm debating if I should keep going with a food log, so I may move back to the post-Whole30 section. I've tried keeping my own food logs in the past but have found the Whole9 forum the best, in terms of my compliance and in contact with others. I can see the value of the food log as I work on sustaining the momentum.

Archived