Day 18 Hashimotos

I am at day 18 of my whole30 with Hashimotos and feel like I am having the worst thyroid slow down as I have had in a long time!  for the last 3 days I have been freezing, exhausted, low energy, headache, etc.  

Today for breakfast I had 2 hardcooked eggs, 4 applegate farms whole 30 approved sausages and a serving of wholly guacamole

for lunch I had half a cooked chicken breast, salad, some paleo salad dressing and an apple.  

I had a cup of coffee in the am and some green tea in the pm mostly because I am so cold.  I have also had about 60 oz of water so far today.  I actually took an extra quarter tab of levo this am to see if it would help.  I do have low blood pressure typically and haven't checked my bp yet but that will be next.  

thoughts?  I thought I'd feel better on the whole 30 with my thyroid but honestly another day of feeling like this and I'll be done.  

• Moderators

Are you salting your food? If you previously had packaged foods or ate out a lot, you were probably getting a lot more salt than you are now, and low salt can cause some of what you're describing. 

It looks like you've got the protein and fat servings figured out, but you might want to work on adding vegetables. I know there are some vegetables that people with thyroid issues are supposed to limit or avoid, but there should be options you can still have. Also don't be afraid to have some starchy vegetables each day, like potato, sweet potato, beets, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, winter squashes like acorn, butternut, or kabocha squash, pumpkin, or plantains. Most people do well with at least one fist-sized serving per day, but some people do find they need more.

Archived