SchrodingersCat needing the accountability diary!

SchrodingersCat

Whattup, W30ers? 

It's been a while since I posted, in that time I've had an amazing Euro/UK trip, eaten all sorts of wonderful foods, gained all sorts of wonderful weight and while having a good time, now feel a big cruddy.

I decided to try keto, because it seemed closeish to what I was trying to achieve, but I'm a social creature and the social media groups for keto are full of keto breads and artificial sweetener filled faux desserts and I'm just not feeling it. So I'm doing my own thing, and need somewhere to journal it and I missed this place. So here I am, applying my W30 learning to a lifeplan.

My plan is a keto/W30/paleo hybrid, I guess - Generally Whole30 principles, without the strict ban on sulfites. I'll continue to avoid all grains, legumes, most dairy, and added sugar, save for small amounts such as that in bacon etc. No artificial sweeteners, because I don't like them, and no SWYPO baking because I really don't care for it, or miss bread or pasta. 

Basically, lots of meat, fish, eggs, veggies, good fats, and my beloved sauces and dressings (pesto, chimmichurri, lemon tahini etc etc). I never have gone back to store-bought mayo - my own is too tasty and too easy! So the result is I'm going to be fairly low carb, because I don't eat fruit and will minimise potato but I loved how I ate and felt on W30 so I'm aiming for that 90% of the time. 

I'm going to keep a daily diary here because I like journaling and like being able to come back to it. I also love interaction, so please comment away!! 

Meal 1: Hot smoked salmon (home smoked!), boiled egg and OH NO I FORGOT MY SAURKRAUT!! Dammit. I'll have some of the 'slaw meant for lunch and grab some extra salad when I duck out.

Meal 2: Thai Green Curry Salmon Patties, cabbage slaw with Peri Peri mayo

Meal 3: It's Friday, so I'm not sure yet. Will report back.

I'm feeling good about moving back to W30, keto made me feel bad for eating a carrot, wtf?

I started Whole30-keto hybrid about four months ago and have never felt better. I still do dairy here and there but stick closely to Whole 30 principles and limit my carbs to under 20 per day. I have so much energy now I feel like I’m on drugs (in a good way). Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

38 minutes ago, scoakley13 said:

I started Whole30-keto hybrid about four months ago and have never felt better. I still do dairy here and there but stick closely to Whole 30 principles and limit my carbs to under 20 per day. I have so much energy now I feel like I’m on drugs (in a good way). Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks!! I think I really will. I also don't want to be weighing my food (or myself, if I can stay off the scale) so that's another reason I want to edge back to W30, I lost a lot of weight and felt so FREE not weighing and logging every bloody thing I ate (which I'd been doing for years). I figure so long as I cut back the starchy veg, which I'm fine with, and otherwise stay W30 (I don't eat fruit), I'll be good. 

OK, so today got away from me, but I was pretty good! Work lunch was on offer so I grabbed some vietnamese chicken salad with only a drizzle of dressing, and a handful of mixed cashews and almonds. Breakfast was 2 boiled eggs with mayo and dukkah.

I have a huge craving for seared meat for dinner, either flank steak or roo if I can get some...

Archived