Hiatal hernia, mild vent

I was recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after multiple episodes of extreme pain in my right upper abdomen.  Such fun.  I had started taking chewable gas-x prior to the whole 30 and that helped keep bloating at bay to prevent the stomach going up thru the diaphram.   Obviously that is not an option now, and i didn't think too much about it. Until last night ( day 7 of whole30) lol.  I had eaten dinner, not a huge meal, but had also finished 2 VERY large glasses of water close together.  I was playing Jenga with my son and started laughing and BAM!  welcome back hernia. 

silly me KNEW that bloating was a reality with the increase in veggies... silly me did NOT think ahead to meds for this. I have a day off today, so I dropped my son at school.. and made a bee-line to the store for Pepcid (not chewable :) )  I feel the slight pressure and residual pain from last nights flare up... so I am taking it easy today. Small meals, small amounts of liquids more frequently, and am hoping it goes back down fast. 

• 1 month later...

im so sorry to hear this! I know your pain, for several years I had very severe heart burn/acid reflux to the point it would wake me up middle of the night and make me throw up, only to find out at the end of a surgery I had back in April I had two hiatal hernias one on each side of my esophagus, they removed it at the same time and now I feel so much better. Have you thought about talking to your doctor about getting the hernia removed?

Archived