Day 18 & I could be falling apart!

mlombardi

I'm not one to share... but I'm on day 18 and I feel terrible. I keep waiting for the "Tiger Blood" but it hasn't happened yet. My body aches my joints are so sore- which is the reason I started Whole30.  I'm on the verge of tears. Any advice? The only positive... is I am very dedicated, even with how terrible I feel, I will complete this!

Please help!

Meri

• Moderators

You had the body aches and joint soreness before you started? Is it worse, or just about the same?

Is there something you're eating now you didn't eat before, or that you ate occasionally before but are eating a lot more of now? Maybe there's something that is whole30 compliant that just doesn't work for you. For instance, eggs or nightshade vegetables cause pain like this for some people, especially in large quantities, and many people find they consume a lot more of them on whole30 than when they're not. 

Are you keeping a food diary? Do you notice that it's better or worse on certain days, and can you see any pattern in foods you eat or don't eat on those days? 

Is it possible it's not food-related at all? Like, if you live somewhere that in the last 18 days has gotten colder, do you think maybe the joint pain is worse due to cold? Or maybe you've been more or less active, and that's affecting your pain levels? 

Thanks, Shannon,

I did have pain before I started. Looking at my food diary I do see that I am eating a lot of potatoes and tomato sauce, which are both nightshades... I'll try cutting back on them.  It just seems to be worse this week....IDK. But seriously, just putting it out there made me feel better mentally. I don't normally share 

• 3 weeks later...

I hope cutting down potatoes and tomato sauce worked for you. Did it? Were you able to complete the program? I'm just starting and I know I have a sensitivity to at least some nightshades. I'm really hoping I can get away with tomatoes. Anyway, hope everything worked out and that you are still making gains!!

Archived