Re-starting tomorrow Jan 4 2020

Niya

Hello

I was on track after doing some practice days the week before NYE to start January 1 officially. Then my long time furry animal companion (rabbit 7.5 years), Max died NYE. I found myself immediately doing my past bad habits. Hardly eating and then when I do eat - carbs, sugar, etc. I caught myself yesterday and am re committing - preparing again today. I am in a weakened state of grief. Nervous about sticking to it. But I really need to. I have gained 10 lbs in 3 months from stress and really need to stop the cycle. Just wanted to put it out there officially. Accountability is so important. Thank you.

fullsizeoutput_2d4a.jpeg

• Moderators

What a sweet bunny! I'm sorry for your loss. Give yourself some grace right now, emotional eating is a hard habit to break. You may still find yourself reaching for food due to grief and stress, if you realize you're doing that, try to stop and do something else instead -- journal, do something artistic or creative, meditate, go for a walk, exercise, or even just sit with your grief, allow yourself to cry or yell or whatever. But if you don't realize that's what's going on at first, don't beat yourself up about it. 

Archived