First time , day 7! Need some advice...

Avalonunicorned

Hey all! I am on day 7 and already feel super pumped about feeding my body whole, nutritious foods. I've been on so many damaging diets in my life, just to relapse back into old habits. Truly feel like this is the start of a new me. One noticable difference I've seen so far is my increased positivity. I am struggling with not snacking though. I have a hard time having a big breakfast (I get full after a couple of bites) but now I'm hungry at 10:28 before lunch. I know snacking is not encouraged. Any advice ?

I have the same issue, a big breakfast hardly ever appeals to me. I’ve heard that you should not listen to your hunger/fullness signals at first as they are probably skewed from an unhealthy lifestyle. Forcing myself to eat just feels wrong, though. I’ll be following this for when a moderator replies!

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue initially as well! I don't force myself to finish the meal, but I put it in the fridge and finish it when I am hungry. The idea with the "no snacking" rule is that snack foods are usually where you get yourself into the most trouble... convenience foods like chips or other nutrient lacking foods. The intent of the whole30 is to get you used to eating whole foods to nourish your body, but everyone falls into different rhythms. As long as you are staying true to the guidelines, let good enough be good enough! It takes time to figure out new portion sizing (and for your body to adjust to eating three times a day!). You got this, good luck!

I think you are still getting used to the routine, Avalonunicorned... hang in there.  Make an effort to eat your breakfast, and then if hunger strikes before your planned lunchtime, perhaps have a cup of tea or coffee (or even drink a tall glass of water) to fill some of the void.  You'll get used to it and won't feel the need to snack after awhile.  Good luck!

Archived