Shaky? Thyroid? Day 7

I'm on day 7 and finding myself really shaky.  I don't think it's lack of calories or anxiety but I do have suspicions that it could be something with my thyroid.  I don't have a diagnosed thyroid issue but I am on "watch" for it (nodules + strong family history).  I'm often cold (and can't adjust to temperature changes at all), lose tons of hair, struggle to lose weight, etc.  Anyone else have this or have any insight?  I was absolutely not expecting to feel worse on Whole30 (I cut out caffeine as well...) so I'm frustrated.  Thank you! 

• Moderators

This is not normal. If you think it's a thyroid thing, the only person who could say for sure is your doctor. 

If you wanted feedback about whether what you're earning could be affecting things, we'd need more information -- list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes, and we could take a look and see if anything stands out.

Do be sure you're following the meal template, including one or two servings of fat in each meal, typically in addition to whatever oil you cook in. If you're not already, try having a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable at least once a day (like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips, rutabaga, winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, or plantains). Salt your food. Drink plenty of water. You can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Those symptoms are consistent with hypothyroidism, however, there could also be something else going on that a doctor would need to look at. If you haven’t had your thyroid levels checked in a while, I would suggest making a call to the doctor about your concerns and tell them about the diet as well. 

Archived