Started 1st Whole30 this morning

Christi622

Hi everyone!

My name is Christi.  I am 54, 315 lbs and suffering from severe advanced degenerative arthritis and Lupus.  I have eaten badly for a long time, and realize that I have to make some serious changes if I am going to enjoy the rest of my life.  I refuse to be in a wheelchair!!!!

I think my biggest challenge will be giving up soda.   I have had my roommate take everything that is a trigger for me upstairs so that I won't be tempted by it.  I am determined to succeed, and look forward to all the motivation and support I can get.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Christi

On 1/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, Christi622 said:

Hi everyone!

My name is Christi.  I am 54, 315 lbs and suffering from severe advanced degenerative arthritis and Lupus.  I have eaten badly for a long time, and realize that I have to make some serious changes if I am going to enjoy the rest of my life.  I refuse to be in a wheelchair!!!!

I think my biggest challenge will be giving up soda.   I have had my roommate take everything that is a trigger for me upstairs so that I won't be tempted by it.  I am determined to succeed, and look forward to all the motivation and support I can get.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Christi

Hi Christi and Welcome!  Good luck to you on your journey through the Whole30.  My biggest piece of advice for you... be prepared!  Make sure you have the right foods in the house to allow you to put together delicious healthy compliant meals.  They don't have to be fancy, just tasty!  Try drinking some of the compliant fizzy waters (Pellegrino, LaCroix, etc) when you get a craving for soda.  You CAN do this!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 1/16/2020 at 12:12 PM, Christi622 said:

Hi, Christi!

I see other community members greeted you (and gave you great suggestions), but I just wanted to jump on and say, "Hi," and let you know I read your post and that we're here for you in the Whole30 community. If you're on social media, I definitely recommend following Whole30, Whole30recipes, and some of the coaches, so you're surrounded by supportive, like minded people.

Keep reaching out!

Archived