My kids have been hungrier than ever. Is this normal?

Mocro

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. I’ve had to feed them more than normal. I’m surprised because they are eating meats and fats like avocado. But they seem to want more. My 14 year old daughter came home after school and ate a can of tuna with avocado, some stew and 4 sausages. is this cravings vs hunger? Or just with the absence of bread and rice they are needing more food?

any advice on keeping them full? 
thank you! 

• Moderators

People do sometimes find their meals on whole30 to be larger than meals they ate previously, and that's fine, everyone should eat as much as they need to eat. I don't think what you've listed there sounds like cravings, it sounds like things she is eating because she is hungry. If your daughter menstruates, keep in mind that at certain points in her cycle she will be hungrier, that is a natural part of a menstrual cycle. During those times when she's more hungry, she may find it helpful to increase how many starchy vegetables she eats (like potato, sweet potato, carrots, turnips, beets, rutabaga, winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, or plantains). Children also are still growing and may need more food than adults at times as their bodies are using lots of energy for growth.

Archived