Mood swings

JCar

Hi! I am on Day 24 and the last few days I’ve been quick to get angry or cry over little things. I have stuck to the program 100%. Has anyone else experienced this at this late stage of Whole30? Oh and I’m 58 so it isn’t PMS, lol!

• Moderators

I remember feeling like this during a couple of the whole30s I've done. My best guess at the time was that I have always been an emotional eater, and with whole30 I was not able to distract myself from my feelings with food and actually had to acknowledge them and let them run their course. That is totally not scientific, it was something someone else mentioned and when I thought about it, it made sense to me. If it doesn't seem to apply in your case, just ignore it.

Food-wise, having at least a serving of starchy vegetables each day can help with some mood issues, and people who are prone to depression or anxiety sometimes find they need more than one serving a day. Oily fish like salmon can help too. 

Obviously if these emotions feel overwhelming to you, or they last more than a day or two, you should probably check in with your doctor. 

Thank you! The feelings aren’t overwhelming just came out of nowhere and I wondered if it was a common W30 thing. I eat a lot of salmon and sweet potatoes! I’ll see if it continues and look at my food journal to see if anything jumps out at me!

Archived