Re-Intro Fail #facepalm

emilyelowe

Short Story: does anyone know what’s in Chipotle’s Barbacoa that makes it non-compliant? Their site has their ingredients listed in a general sense, not by dish and I’m not sure if it’s the rice bran oil (thinking - and hoping - it’s this) or potentially soy beans. 

Long Story: I was re-introducing GF grains today and thought I’d just get white rice and corn tortillas at Chipotle rather than buying a whole box or bag of those items, knowing I likely wouldn’t use them. Not only did I accidentally order Barbacoa instead of Carnitas (where is the carne asada when you need it, amirite!?!) but I realized halfway through my first tortilla they had given me FLOUR TORTILLAS. ACH. 

Obviously, I stopped eating the tortillas but I finished the bowl without even realizing about the Barbacoa. So now I’m just trying to figure out HOW badly I messed up. 

Overall, it was super disappointing and I am feeling very frustrated, but am planning to take at least three days before I reintroduce dairy and proceed with my reintroduction as planned. Based on what I find with gluten as part of that, I may decide to do GF grains alone on another day as well just to be certain. I do enjoy the occasional white rice. 

Any additional advice is welcome. Thanks for listening!

• 3 months later...

Hey Emily!  Weren't we in Dragonslayers together a couple of years back?  Nice to read you again.  You are correct, the rice bran oil is what makes barbacoa non-compliant.  There is no soy in it.  Hope all is well...

Archived