what would you do?

I had my gallbladder removed on December 27 and I started my 2nd W30 on January 1st. Before January 1st, I was eating a lot of junk mostly because my husband was cooking while I was post surgery and he doesn't eat paleo. So on the 1st I started eating paleo again and it made me so sick. Not only do fats and meats seem to give me too much (ahem) bathroom emergencies, but I am having some pain and pressure in the area where the gallbladder was. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said that this is normal and is the bile duct trying to take over the job of the gallbladder and it should pass in the next couple months. So I went off my W30 on the 6th. I just can't eat paleo right now. The meat and fat is making me miserable. I can't eat eggs for breakfast so I have been having cream of brown rice cereal. I've also added in some dairy.

Honestly, I don't feel like I failed at the W30. I think quitting was inevitable. But I just wonder if I am eating the right things to keep me going right now. How would you handle not being able to eat meat and fats for a while?

GAH! I just typed up a great response to you and then navigated away from the page and lost it!

Are you taking enzymes/ox bile to help with digestion of fats? If not, you definitely should look into that.

Even if you don't do that, you can absolutely do the W30 without the amt of fat that your average w30er typically eats, you just have to become best friends with root veggies.

The kitavans and okinawans are two ancestral populations whose diets are VERY carb heavy, yet still fit pretty well into the W30 restraints (okinawans eat some rice, but rely more on sweet potatoes for their starch of choice).

It'll definitely take some planning and consideration, because the normal W30 templating guidelines aren't trying to hit the numbers you'd need automatically, but it shouldn't be too bad. If you struggle with it and need some help, check in with the Whole9 consulting staff to help you out: http://whole9life.com/personal-consulting/

Archived