Love, Nurture and Respect, starting January 7/13

Melelina

Today's Food (Wednesday, Day 24):

Pre workout: one hard boiled egg; 1/2 avocado

Meal One: orange pepper slices; taco beef with dobs of pumpkin on top (<<very filling)

Meal Two: 1 hard boiled egg; sliced cucumber with ~1T W30 avocado dressing; 5 small olives; orange pepper slices; baby tomatoes; celery (I had a 2nd egg out as well as more olives but I just got too full. Struggling with my lunch lately).

Meal Three: chocolate chili; fish oil

Supper was late so I didn't have my Crio Bru or my bedtime snack tonight.

My exercise was difficult today. I felt really challenged by it, and yet on Monday the same workout felt great. Does that mean I should have had more carbs to help with recovery or is it just an off day?

I am still anxious about where I am going to land with my weight. While I will be okay staying away from the scales because I have enjoyed not being a slave to them, I do feel as though things are tighter than before. I am not sure whether to trust myself in this regard. Am I imagining that things feel tighter? Without using the scale as a form of measure, what if I am going up instead of down (or sideways)? Busy thinking about it...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's Food (Thursday, Day 25):

Meal One: scrambled eggs w spinach and mushrooms; 15 small olives

Meal Two: curry with shrimp (restaurant meal)

Snack: celery

Meal Three: repeat of breakfast but with added egg whites

Supper was late so I didn't have my Crio Bru or my bedtime snack tonight.

Today's Meals (Day 26):

Pre-workout: one hard boiled egg and 1/2 avocado

Post-workout: yellow pepper slices; taco beef with dobs of pumpkin on top

Meal Two: I got really full from my post workout meal, so I saved a small amount and just had it as my 2nd meal of the day. That should keep me going until supper.

Meal Three: pork tenderloin; steamed veggies

Bedtime Snack: pumpkin w coconut milk

I am going to list my meals for the next day and a half today, from supper tonight to lunch on Sunday. We are going to be on the road for one meal. The other meals will be eaten away from home but are planned and compliant. It will be easier to come back and correct my journalling than it will be to remember it all.

My workout today was once again quite difficult. I have had one good run this week and two poor ones. I also tried on a pair of jeans that I wore two weeks ago and they fit the same - still tight. I am getting discouraged. I have eliminated some of my starchy carbs (i.e. my pumpkin "pie") but I don't think it has helped.

Meals for Sunday, Day 28

Meal One: W30 bacon, 2 eggs, melon

Meal Two: spinach salad w chicken breast, raw veggies + balsamic vinaigrette; 15 small olives (hungry soon after)

Meal Three: steak; steamed veggies; garden salad w balsamic vinaigrette (not satisfied but should have been)

Today's Meals - Monday, Day 29

Pre-workout: one hard boiled egg and 1/2 avocado

Post Workout: baby tomatoes, orange pepper slices, radishes; taco beef w dobs of pumpkin on top

Meal Two: 1/2 can salmon w ~1T W30 avocado dressing; sliced cucumber w ~1T avocado dressing; celery; small dish of fresh blueberries drizzled w coconut milk

Meal Three: shrimp curry w green beans, broccoli, red and yellow pepper slices; fish oil

Evening: Crio Bru w Coconut Crack (Day 29 and I am still not used to having this without sweetener - will I ever learn to like it this way?)

My appetite was fine today. Post workout meal was at 11 am; didn't think about eating again until 3:30.

I increased my mileage today for my run and I also took the dog for a walk. The run felt pretty good. Tomorrow I won't run, just a nice walk. I had a bit of reflux going on today, but nothing too alarming. I am not sure if it was because of the increased distance in my run. I will have to monitor it. Other than the first couple of weeks on W30, my tummy issues seem to have straightened up. That was one of my main reasons for doing this.

My energy level stayed even for the day, as did my mood.

I am starting to think there are some changes in my body composition. Instead of looking at myself in the mirror and going - nope, no changes...now I am thinking - well, maybe. I do think my face is starting to thin out a bit as well, although my husband doesn't agree. Since my face is not fat, it might be an area where I am seeing a difference first, before other areas that have more fat. Maybe?? Anyway, I am considering extending this process for another two weeks - and waiting to get on the scale until then as well. It seems safer than playing mental games if I weigh myself now and I am not down, or heaven forbid - I am up!

Today's Meals - Tuesday, Day 30

Immediately after getting up: one hard boiled egg and 1/2 avocado

Meal One: baby bok choy (one of my new finds during this W30); two poached eggs served on top of kale; 5 small olives; small dish of blueberries w coconut milk - I started eating this meal but found I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was, but since it was 11 am, I forced myself to eat. This is a very new feeling for me - to not be hungry. Prior to W30, I was always hungry.)

Meal Two: 1/2 can salmon w ~1T W30 avocado dressing; sliced cucumber; radishes; orange pepper slices; 10 small olives (not particularly hungry again but was going out so had to eat beforehand)

Meal Three: leftover shrimp curry w green beans, broccoli, red and yellow pepper slices; fish oil

Evening: Crio Bru w Coconut Crack

Today's Meals: Wednesday, Day 31

Pre-workout: one hard boiled egg and 15 small olives

Post-workout: radishes, yellow pepper slices; ground beef w pumpkin dobs on top

(When I have this, I am satisfied for hours. I had it at 11 am and didn't even think about food until after 3 pm.)

Meal Two: yellow pepper slices, radishes, cucumber; bone broth

(I have been out of bone broth for a couple of weeks but got some bones at the butcher's and whipped up a batch the night before. My first batch I really liked - made from turkey bones left from Christmas. My 2nd batch was beef, made from bones I got at the grocery store and it was gross. This batch was made from chicken bones and it was so-so.)

Meal Three: coloured beans w butter; fish oil; mustard pork chops

Evening: Crio Bru with coconut crack cream.

(I have been trying to drink my Crio for the entire W30 without the almond milk and splenda I used to have with it. I have not gotten used to the taste of it without sweetener so last night I finally caved @ Day 31 and added one single teaspoon of sugar for the entire large French press. Guess what! I didn't like the sweetness. What I have been craving for a month didn't taste very good. Who knew? :huh: )

Bedtime snack: pumpkin w coconut milk

(I am sort of forcing myself to have this snack these days. Mostly, I am eating it because I have learned over the years that my acid reflux is better at night if I have something small in my tummy. However, I really am not that hungry for it these days. I am going to start cutting back on the amount every night from now on and see what happens.)

I had some reflux again after my run this morning, the same as I did on Monday. The gastroenteologist told me to stay around 5K, which I did for a month. This week I increased it to 6k, and both days I have experienced reflux. I will have to watch it. If it continues, I might have to go back down to 5k, but I will give it another week+ before I decide.

I read on someone else's log that she takes a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (slightly diluted) when she is feeling nauseous. I wondered if it would help with reflux. Since I can only take my meds once a day, on the days when I have a flare-up, I can feel kind of yucky for part of the day so I decided to try it. Within ten minutes, my symptoms were gone. However, I gagged trying to get it down. :ph34r:

The last two nights I have fallen asleep quite easily. Monday night I didn't. All three nights I have taken Natural Calm.

I am soooo hungry today...

Today's Meals: Thursday, Day 32

As soon as I got up: one hard boiled egg and 15 small olives

Meal One: red pepper slices, cucumber, radishes; two eggs on kale; 15 small olives; blueberries w coconut milk

Meal Two: 2 hard boiled eggs; 15 small olives; red pepper slices, celery, baby carrots

Meal Three: coloured beans w butter; fish oil; leftover mustard pork chops

Evening: Crio Bru with coconut crack cream.

Bedtime snack: pumpkin w coconut milk

Today is the first day in a long while that I have been chasing my hunger. I have been hungry all day long, and also not feeling very satisfied with my food. It is also the first day that something off-plan called to me, although I didn't have it. I wanted some warm oatmeal. I think part of it is boredom with my breakfasts and lunches.

Today's Meals: Friday, Day 33

Pre-workout: one hard boiled egg and 10 small olives

(I normally have 15 olives, but I just couldn't get them down this morning. I just wasn't very hungry.)

Post-workout: red pepper slices, radishes, baby tomatoes; beef w dobs of pumpkin

Meal Two: I will probably skip it. I am just not hungry. (ended up having a few baby carrots before dinner)

Meal Three: barbecued steak, peppered; mushrooms and onions cooked in butter

(Worse snow storm of the year today and my husband gets to barbecue outside. He is such a lucky guy.)

Planned: Evening: Crio Bru (not sure about having this. I don't have any Coconut Crack made up.) Ended up making it with almond milk and splenda, then had about 1/3 of a mug, didn't like it and left the rest. My how my tastes have changed.

Planned: Bedtime snack: pumpkin w coconut milk (small amount)

Once again, my tummy wasn't happy after my run. I may have to scale back, but I really don't want to. I have just taken some diluted apple cider vinegar, which for some reason seems to help. It took me a couple of minutes to get up the nerve to drink it because it makes me want to gag. But I figured 30 seconds down the hatch would take away an afternoon of misery. So I did it. I have no idea why this works. (Someone mentioned it in a thread the other day to help prevent nausea.)

I tried Splenda in my Crio Bru last night, instead of like the night before when I tried a teaspoon of sugar and didn't like it after a month of not having any sweetener in it. I did like the taste of the Splenda better. However, I used a teaspoon in the big pot instead of a tablespoon like I used to do. It was still a wee bit too sweet so next time I will try 1/2 teaspoon. Maybe some day I will actually like it with just the coconut crack.

Yesterday, I felt like a spoiled brat. I didn't want my food. I didn't enjoy my food. I just wanted something, anything other than what was on my plate. Maybe there is a reason why this program is only 30 days long. The feeling of restriction/deprivation that I had yesterday was the first since I started this.

I cut back probably by about 1/3 of the amount of pumpkin I had for my bedtime snack last night. I had some reflux issues in the middle of the night, which doesn't happen very often. I will have to keep monitoring this. Scaling back might not have been a good idea, even though I am not all that hungry at night.

Edited Saturday morning: I had heartburn last night during the night. This is the 3rd night in a row I have had that. I don't think there is any food that crosses all three days that is new. So I am not sure what is causing it.

My intent was to continue on with this W30 for an extra couple of weeks. I do mostly enjoy this way of eating. However, after adding on a few more days, I have decided to call it "quits". I am not a binge-eater but the last few days have made me think that one might be on the way if I don't stop being so strict. I have been feeling very deprived for some reason, although I didn't feel that way for the first four weeks. It is time to expand my horizons before I have a meltdown with food.

I have been feeling this way over the last half-week, about the time I reached the official 30 days. I think there must be a reason why the program is 30 days long. I have done well with dinner because we have tried quite a few new recipes. Breakfast and lunch...well, let's just say when I got up this morning, I thought I was going to revolt if I had to have another egg or open another can of salmon. So I made up my mind at that point that it is time.

I am not going to follow the typical re-introduction, but instead find my own path by introducing foods that I actually eat, very slowly. Today was some almond milk and protein powder, a typical morning meal meal for me. In keeping with this way of eating, I added half an avocado and a pear w coconut milk.

I will weigh myself tomorrow just to see where I am at. I really really really hope I have lost at least a few pounds, but I am honestly not expecting much.

Well...I weighed myself and I am down 4.4 pounds. So I am happy.

I don't think I am going to continue logging, although I might. I am still having trouble figuring out what is upsetting my tummy. Yesterday, I added in whey protein powder and almond milk in the morning. I seemed to be fine. Then we went out for dinner and I had bruschetta (French bread) with a small amount of feta. Everything else was compliant. By the time we went to bed, I felt "squished", and when I looked at my tummy, I was really bloated. So what would have caused it? How far back in the day does a person go to figure out what causes issues? I might have to ask a moderator that.

Archived