R1/D13 Acne Help?

Hello all!

First and foremost I hope that you are all having a lovely week so far. :)

I am a 25 year old male.

I recently started the Whole30 program in pursuit of getting rid of my cystic acne that's located primarily on my forehead, temples and back.  Also, small blemishes on my chin area that are constant but not cystic in nature most times.

A little bit of a backstory here - I took Antibiotics (Bactrim DS) for acne for about FOUR years.. which is, 4 years too long imo but I was younger and didn't care about the consequences mainly because I didn't KNOW about the consequences - I just recently got off the antibiotics around October of last year.

Needless to say, my digestion was not doing so good for a grip there.  Either constipated or having BAD diarrhea.  

Which leads me here; because I am trying to RESOLVE the acne issue (which I believe stems from my gut issues) I want to take a natural approach to this.

So far, I'm having pretty great success with my digestion becoming normal and on a cycle again which I believe is a great step in the right direction but my skin doesn't seem to be changing much quite yet :/

I suppose my question is one of experiencing - has anyone set out to do a Whole 30 for their skin health as the primary focus?  If so, what was your experience?  I know we will all be different but I need a little encouragement.

Thank you all so much in advance!

Archived