HuHot

Hey, I am new to whole30. I am on day 5 today! My husband and I are talking about going out for dinner and huhot was on the list. I assume i could get meat and approved veggies ( no noodles or rice) but what sauces are compliant? Is there a list somewhere? Also, do you have to ask them to cook differently than they normally do? Thanks!

• Moderators

A good place to start for any restaurant is to Google the restaurant name plus the word ingredients -- that will usually bring up lists with allergens and ingredients, especially for chain restaurants. That gives you a place to start. Even if they only list major allergens like soy, wheat, and peanuts, you can rule out a lot of menu items. From there, you can ask the restaurant about things like sugar, honey, molasses, and other sweeteners. 

Even if someone replies to this and says, I just ate there, here's what I ordered -- double check. Recipes can change, or vary from location to location, or people can make mistakes, so it is up to you to check on anything you plan to eat.

Archived